A-Z Song Titles Relating to Water | Page 2 | Vital Football

A-Z Song Titles Relating to Water

Q - a bit stuck for a Q
Well, there's a 1970 single that's a rock classic by Mountain called Mississippi Queen but it may relate to the state not the river?
There is also a song called Beyond the Quiet River. There's a version on YouTube sung by opera singer Ekaterina Shelehova but she sings it in Russian!

Last edited:
Well, there's a 1970 single that's a rock classic by Mountain called Mississippi Queen but it may relate to the state not the river?
There is also a song called Beyond the Quiet River. There's a version on YouTube sung by opera singer Ekaterina Shelehova but she sings it in Russian!

Well, I think you've cracked it with both of those, Lindum!

S The River SEINE - written by Geoffrey Parsons and first released sung by Doris Day in 1949 but I do think I've heard Bing Crosby sing it.

U UNDERWATER MOONLIGHT - title track of the 1980 album by Cambridge-based indie band the Soft Boys. Clip on YouTube. Not commercially successful on release , but is now regarded by many as an indie classic. Band leader, Robyn Hitchcock, also recorded several solo albums.

...or... VELVET SEA - by US indie band Semiwestern (2022). Obviously influenced by the British "shoegazing" indie bands. Clip on YouTube - quite like it.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

W WATERFALL - by the Stone Roses. UK top 30 single for them in 1991. (y)

Alternative Y - (quite liked it at the time); Yellow River. 1970 hit single by Christie. Video and clips on YouTube.

Z ZAMBESI - song tribute to the fourth longest river in Africa by Lou Busch and his Orchestra (1955). Also a minor hit for the Piranhas in 1982, and many others have recorded the song , including the Stargazers, the Shadows, etc. (Many clips on YouTube).