A-Z Song Titles Relating to Water | Vital Football

A-Z Song Titles Relating to Water

Lindum

Vital Football Hero
Water in any sense or form, or things closely connected to water.

A - 'Across the River', Bruce Hornsby and The Range. 1990 hit from the album, A Night on the Town. Clip on YouTube.

Alternate B and a song I like - Beyond the Sea. 1959 single by Bobby Darin, an English version of Charles Trenet's La Mer. I enjoy it in French or English!

Alternate C - Cool Water. Original by The Sons of the Pioneers in 1941. Not sure I've heard that but have versions by Marty Robbins and Hank Williams. I used to sing it in the bath!

(y)

Also theme tune of TalkSport Radio early morning angling programme of the same name.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

G GREEN RIVER - Swamp-rock title track of the Creedence Clearwater Revival album , which was released in 1969. Clip on YouTube.

J - River of Jordan. Gospel song first recorded by the Louvin Brothers in the 1950s but later by others including Peter, Paul & Mary and Sierra Hull. Various versions on YouTube.

... or... JULIE OCEAN by the Undertones (1981). Features on the album, "Positive Touch". Clip on YouTube
-----------------------------------------------------------------
K KING OF THE SURF - surfing party song from US band "The Trashmen" (1962). Clip on YouTube.
Sounds like they were influenced by Chuck Berry, and they also recorded a version of "Roll over Beethoven". The Trashmen later had a US hit with "Surfin' Bird".

Last edited:
... or... LAKE SONG by US indie rock band, The Decemberists (2015). Clip on YouTube.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

M MOON RIVER - composed by Henry Mancini/Johnny Mercer. Sung by Audrey Hepburn in the film "Breakfast at Tiffany's" (1961) . Later became famous as the signature tune of US singer and tv show host Andy Williams, who recorded his version of the song in 1962. Not to be confused with the former Millers midfielder who had two spells at Millmoor - 1986-88 and !993-95.

Last edited:
P - Green Near the Pond. Song on the 2009 LP The Glare by Michael Nyman and David McAlmont. I listened to it on lyrics.com and although critically acclaimed in the UK it's not for me.