A-Z Places in Song Titles | Page 2 | Vital Football

A-Z Places in Song Titles

... or ... unmissable sitter... "NEW YORK, NEW YORK" by Frank Sinatra... played over the tannoy at every Millers home game.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

O OTTAWA Song - by 1970's experimental rock band Henry Cow. Clip on YouTube. They sometimes played and recorded with members of Slapp Happy , particularly singer, Dagmar Krause. (See my previous entry for "C"). Saw Henry Cow play at Sheffield City Hall (without members of Slapp Happy). Don't think they had written the "Ottawa song" back then though.

Last edited:
P - 'I love Paris.' Cole Porter song from musical Can-Can. Recorded by many artists.

... or... PANAMA by US heavy metal band Van Halen (Clip on YouTube).

Kevin Ayres wanted to call one of his albums "Pig farming in PATAGONIA", but his record company refused the title.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Q QUITO song - by cellist Zoe Keating. Clip on YouTube. (Think I had that one on another thread)

Last edited:
... or ... SANTA FE - tribute to the town in New Mexico by US country group, the Bellamy Brothers (1988). Clip on YouTube.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

T Goodbye TOULOUSE - by the Stanglrers (1977). Track on their debut album, "Rattus Norvegicus".

...or... born in the USA - Bruce Springsteen. Title track of the album released in 1984.
---------------------------------------------------------------

V VAN DIEMEN'S LAND (Rattle and hum) by U2. Previous name of Tasmania. Anthony Van Diemen was governor general of the Dutch East Indies. Clip on YouTube.

... or VIENNA - hit single for Ultravox in 1981.

Last edited: