A-Z Of The Internet | Vital Football

A-Z Of The Internet

F FUNCTION KEYS - usually on top row of computer keyboard , numbered F1-F12. Used to perform various tasks, "shortcuts" , etc.

G - Google. I use it as a search engine but find the company annoyingly intrusive.

I - ICON. An image or symbol which represents an app or function on your phone, tablet or computer screen. You usually 'tap' on an icon to open an app.

J JAVA - programming language, which was deveoped for public use by Sun Microsystems (1996). Now maintained by Oracle. Need it to read files on the internet, play games, etc.

K - KINGSTON Technology. Not sure if strictly internet but world's largest producer of memory products and I use their SD cards.

M - MALWARE. A general term describing software that can cause harm to your computer through spreading computer viruses or accessing your personal information. Or you can just ask the PSNI for the information instead.:eek:

N NETIQUETTE - Internet etiquette for good website behaviour. Followed on this website - not always on other Millers fans websites though, and elsewhere.

O Online
Refers to anything done over the internet.
Online shopping or banking for instance.
I do both - I genuinely can't remember the last time I was in a 'supermarket' or a bank.

P - PHISHING. An attempt at identity theft in which criminals direct users to a fake website to trick them into disclosing private information, such as usernames or passwords.

As opposed to another activity common on another Millers forum: :fish:

Last edited:
Q QWERTY KEYBOARD - normally used to log on to the internet. Based on a typical old English language typewriter layout. There are other versions, but I have never used one.