A-Z of Sweets | Page 3 | Vital Football

A-Z of Sweets

X - Chewits Xtreme Sour Bites. Come in various flavours, lemon, apple and cherry. Seen them in Tesco but have not tried them. But I will!

V - Parma VIOLETS
Small purple swizzle like sweets I bought with pocket money as a child - I still like them!
When I buy a mixed bag of sweeties for Hallowe'en I always take these out for myself!

And can I recommend the Parma Violet Gin - difficult to get hold of. Had one in Stoke a couple of years back and they put the parma violet sweets in the bottom of the glass.

Z - Zero Bar. An American invention made by Hershey's. It's a caramel filling with peanuts and almond nougat wrapped in white fudge. Not sure if this was sold in shops here but it's available online. Best eaten from the fridge which is also how I prefer Mars Bars.

I get Dobsons Yorkshire Mix. 18 flavours. I love Pear Drops. Hate to tell you, Caz, but the fish is cherry flavour.

It must have all got mixed up then. I liked the white fish the best. I like fresh cherries but anything else with cherries I just don't like at all. I used to get a snowball drink at the Hill Top (thought I was very sophisticated!) and then they started putting them cherries from a jar with the juice on top - went back to cider!

Z - Zero Bar. An American invention made by Hershey's. It's a caramel filling with peanuts and almond nougat wrapped in white fudge. Not sure if this was sold in shops here but it's available online. Best eaten from the fridge which is also how I prefer Mars Bars.

Not heard of that one but it sounds good!

It must have all got mixed up then. I liked the white fish the best. I like fresh cherries but anything else with cherries I just don't like at all. I used to get a snowball drink at the Hill Top (thought I was very sophisticated!) and then they started putting them cherries from a jar with the juice on top - went back to cider!
I can always tell it's Christmas when my wife brings home bottles of Advocaat and Baileys. Not sure if she makes Snowballs, Eggnogs or both. I stick to port and wine.