A-Z Of Songs With Flowers/Trees/Plants In The Title | Vital Football

A-Z Of Songs With Flowers/Trees/Plants In The Title

herringthorpe

Alert Team
Staff member
As usual the letter can be the song title or the flower, tree, plant etc!

Not sure if we will get all twenty-six though!

A A ROSE Is Still A ROSE - Aretha Franklin

B BLACKBERRY Way - The Move. Blackberry bushes are in flower in Rotherham at the moment, no ripe berries for a while yet.

D DANDELION - Rolling Stones. A seldom heard song from them. A bit like the more famous "She's a rainbow", and from roughly the same period.

....sung by Julie Andrews
--------------------
F FLOWERS in the rain - The Move. Another one from them . Doesn't specify which particular type(s) of flower. First pop single to be played on Radio One.
... or... Fields of WHEAT - Frightened Rabbit. Scottish indie band. (Clip on YouTube)

Last edited:
H HOLLYwood -Madonna... or HOLLYHOCKS by Applesauce Tears (indie instrumental, clip on YouTube)...or HOLLY and the IVY - Jon Anderson in with a double (Xmas carol by former Yes frontman, clip on YouTube)

... or ... I'll pick a ROSE for my ROSE - Marv Johnson. 1968 Motown hit.
------------------------------------------------------
J Jennifer JUNIPER - Donovan. Also from 1968

Last edited:
... or ...MARIGOLD - Nirvana
-----------------------------------
N New ROSE - The Damned. Saw them play it live back in their heyday

Correct. Seen Fairport Convention play a live version - Dave Swarbrick was in fine form.... also there is another good rendition from the Flying Burrito Brothers on YouTube. Often performed without the lyrics, to give fiddle players more room to show off!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
P PRIMROSE Hill - Madness
...or ... PRIMROSE - Mary Spender . Singer/songwriter. (Clip on YouTube)

Last edited:
Q QUINOA - Tangerine Dream ( the German synthesiser band who started in the late 60's). Quinoa tree extracts are claimed to have useful medicinal propererties.
(Clip on YouTube)

Last edited:
S SWEET WILLIAM - Millie. 1960's ska minor UK hit. Millie (Small) also recorded the better known "My Boy Lollipop", which was often a 1960's Millmoor pre-match music request from Millers fans as a tribute to full-back, Lol Morgan.

Last edited: