A-Z Of Gifting | Vital Football

A-Z Of Gifting

herringthorpe

Alert Team
Staff member
This can be anything from when you give a gift, what you give or where you get a gift from

A ADVENT CALENDAR is something that gives you a gift every day in December now. From chocolate to gin from toys to books and more. It was just a door you opened with a Christmas picture inside when I was younger. My granddaughter, who, of course, doesn't have enough chocolate in her life was distraught when she got up on 1st December to discover the 'naughty elf' had opened all her windows on her calendar and eaten all the chocolates. Luckily, Mummy and Daddy were able to get her another one!

B - Benevolence. A disposition to kindness and good works. Can involve donations and gifting, particularly with a charitable impulse.

C CHRISTMAS which is probably the most time we give and receive presents.

Or

C CHARITY where you give a gift, usually money but not always.

D - Donation Box. Used to have one at our church door just in case you had any money left after the collection plate had gone round.

F - Father Christmas. Traditional English personification of Christmas, associated since Victorian times with gift-giving.

J JUMPERS - as I have birthday's as well as Christmas around this time of year one of the presents is usually a desperation Jumper!

K KNITTED SCARVES - In red and-white colours to wear at the Millers matches. I have had several Millers scarves over the years, but from the RUFC club shop, not knitted by hand.

Last edited:
N - Nativity Gifts. Traditionally the wise men brought gifts of frankincense, myrrh and gold. I sometimes use frankincense and myrrh incense sticks which are the nearest thing I have found to the incense used in Catholic churches.