A-Z of European Film Actors | Page 2 | Vital Football

A-Z of European Film Actors

P PIERRE Brasseur - French actor who got the highest French honour (Legion d'honneur) as well as the French Culture honour Ordre des Arts et des Lettres for his many films from 1932 until the year before his death in 1972.

R Sebastian ROCHE - French-Scottish actor , born in Paris in 1964. Trained as an actor in France and then performed on stage, tv and in films. He has appeared in many tv series. His film appearances include "Beowolf (2007), "The Mentalist" (2008), etc.

R Sebastian ROCHE - French-Scottish actor , born in Paris in 1964. Trained as an actor in France and then performed on stage, tv and in films. He has appeared in many tv series. His film appearances include "Beowolf (2007), "The Mentalist" (2008), etc.
Had never heard of him but recognised his face right off and realised I'd seen him in loads of things.

S STELLAN SKARSGARD - born in Gothenburg, Sweden (saw something about him when I went a couple of months ago). He's been in many films including Hunt for the Red October and more recently The Avengers. His son, Alexander is also an actor.

S STELLAN SKARSGARD - born in Gothenburg, Sweden (saw something about him when I went a couple of months ago). He's been in many films including Hunt for the Red October and more recently The Avengers. His son, Alexander is also an actor.
By an odd coincidence I used him on Monday for the Famous People thread. You wait ages for a Stellan Skarsgard and then two come together!

T - Jacques Tati. French actor and director perhaps best known for his comic films featuring the hapless Monsieur Hulot.

I was thinking of him for "T" too. (Real name - Jacques Tatisheff)
---------------------------------------------------------------------

U Gaspard ULLIEL - Born in Neuilly-sur-Seine, France in 1984. Film debut in "Brotherhood of the wolf" (2009). Also appeareared in "Hannibal Rising" (2007), "Saint Laurent (2014), etc. Also did voices for Disney films. Died In a skiing accident 2022.

Despite Peter Ustinov's surname and interview stories about Russia, Eastern Europe, and many other overseas locations, he was actually born in England... so he didn't qualify!

Last edited:
... or Vanessa Paradis - singer, model. actress. Born in Val-de-Marne , France in 1972. She had a UK hit single in 1987 with "Joe Le Taxi". She has appeared in several films including "Elisa" (1995), "Witch way love" (1997), "Une chance sur deux" (1998), etc.

W - Christoph Waltz Austro-German actor born in Vienna.
Waltz's American breakthrough role came in Quentin Tarantino's 2009 film Inglourious Basterds, in which he played Austrian SS officer Hans Landa for which he received the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor and the Cannes Film Festival Best Actor Award. He collaborated with Tarantino again in Django Unchained (2012), for which he earned his second Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor, this time for his performance as bounty hunter Dr. King Schultz.

I thought that Wim Wenders (German film-maker) may have appeared in some films in his younger days, but can't find anything. He was originally a photographer though, and not a trained actor.
------------------------------------------------------
X? Xavier somebody? Don't know!

Last edited:
Y Elodie YUNG - French actress, born in Paris in 1981. She has appeared in films and in tv series. Film debut in "Les fils de vent" (2004). Also appeared in "The girl with the dragon tattoo" (2011), "Gods of Egypt" (2016), etc.

Last edited: