A-Z Of Duo's/Partners | Vital Football

A-Z Of Duo's/Partners

D - The "Two Dannys" - Baker and Kelly TV and Radio football shows. They are still broadcasting, but not usually as a pair these days

F Fred and Wilma Flintstone in the "Flintstones" cartoon

... or a real life example...

Fischer and Spassky - chess feudsters extraordinaire. Bobby and Boris carried out their own version of the Cold War on a board grid of 8 x 8 squares. Their battle seemed to go on for ages . There were many ludicrous claims of cheating, threats to walk out, etc, which were probably more entertaining than the games of chess themselves, to the extent that very few people remember who actually won!

Last edited:
Re the chess men - my other half is into chess so I take a back-seat interest. I know the moves but wouldn't be able to play as I can't tell what my opponent is going to do five moves from now!

K Kevin & Perry (Harry Enfield and Kathy Burke) - comedy petulant teenagers!:balloon:

On TalkSport Radio, Stan Collymore once got his Harry Enfield characters mixed up and said that the Wimbledon tennis champion Andy Murray reminded him of Wayne and Waynetta , when he actually meant Kevin and Perry!

Last edited:
M M & M sweets . Named from a collaboration between the chiefs of two US candy producers: Messers Mars and Murrie (heads of Mars and Hershey companies respectively).
Closely related to another "M" - Minstrels!

Last edited:
S Sutton and Shearer - Blackburn Rovers title-winning striker duo

....or Simon and Schuster the well-known book publishers

Last edited: