A-Z Of Activities | Vital Football

A-Z Of Activities

herringthorpe

Alert Team
Staff member
This can be anything that we (though I doubt that would actually be me!) can be active in should we wish.

A AEROBICS - a physical exercise that combines rhythmic exercise with stretching (a bit like me getting out of bed in the morning accompanied by groans!)

B - Bungee jumping involves a person jumping from a great height while connected to a large elastic cord. The launching pad is usually erected on a tall structure such as a building or crane, a bridge across a deep ravine, or on a natural geographic feature such as a cliff. Although on my bucket list I haven't yet tried it.:wack::whist:

I INSTRUMENT playing or collecting - I did play the recorder in Junior school - and can still play 'Go and tell Aunt Nancy' quite badly.

J - Jogging. I am told that this is a form of running at a slow or leisurely pace. The main intention is to increase physical fitness with less stress on the body than from faster running but more than walking. Sounds fun.

I like playing pitch and putt, but haven't played for a while. Played on the course at Herringthorpe several times, but not recently.
----------------------------------------------------------------

Q QUOITS - we used to play quoits at Brinsworth Junior School. Suitable activity for indoors or outdoors. The target is traditionally a spike, but at school we also had an "archery" type target with different points scoring zones, painted on the school playground tarmac.

Last edited:
I like playing pitch and putt, but haven't played for a while. Played on the course at Herringthorpe several times, but not recently.
----------------------------------------------------------------

Q QUOITS - we used to play quoits at Brinsworth Junior School. Suitable activity for indoors or outdoors. The target is traditionally a spike, but at school we also had an "archery" type target with different points scoring zones, painted on the school playground tarmac.
Quoits was great fun at primary school.

S STAMP COLLECTING - I inherited a stamp book from my big sister and used to get a pack of stamps every week from somewhere up at the Crofts (I think). Can't say it was anything I did with real enthusiasm.