A year has passed | Page 2 | Vital Football

A year has passed

Agree with all the comments above, and have said it before great to have you on board Clive.

Given our very limited success we still don't know the potential of the football club and that is what keeps us all hoping.

Just to echo the sentiments above. The positivity around the club is fantastic, and it has a great deal to do with you setting off a chain of events leading to where we are now. We're all eternally grateful. Looking forward to hearing your speech on the last home game of the season when we've sealed the title.

Just wanted to add my thanks too, Clive.

In terms of my own support I'm also one of the '76ers' but come from a long line of depressed Lincoln supporters, stretching back to when the club was young. Great thing this season has been my teenage lad's heightened interest and the time we've spent together travelling up and down the country to, and from, Sincil Bank and beyond. It won't last forever - Jake has no natural inclination towards football and this is the Imps after all, so I'm well aware success isn't our natural bedfellow - but we're relishing it together while it does.

That is thanks to all currently involved at Sincil Bank. My hat is doffed in your direction.

It's not only great that Clive came on board but also the chairman and everyone involved with the club made a good decision with making the road clear for clive to be involved .credit to all

As an Imps supporter of over 40 years, now exiled down-under, I have to echo everything that's been said on here. Ive been been through some great times, including the Graham Taylor era, the Keith Alexander PO years, some amazing Cup nights, etc. I've also been through some pretty bad times for the club. Being the first league club to be automatically relegated to the Conference in the 80s was bad but at least we came back at the first attempt. Some embarrassing Cup defeats, etc. This last few years has been like purgatory with seemingly no way back, until you came on board - like most Imps fans I recognise that you were the catalyst for change and how well Bob and the rest of the Board has done getting you involved.
You and the Cowleys have been the catalyst for restoring our faith in the club and building our hopes that we are at last on the right track and on the way back to where we belong. I keep waiting for the bubble to burst and am constantly amazed that we keep pulling out the results. Long may it continue.
Monday against Oldham showed that we have the potential for great support at this club, which I always knew from our last time in the Conference. Presumably the combination of increased gates & the Cup income, has meant that the Board, for the time being hasn't had to keep dipping into its pockets to keep the club afloat? I know Bob for one will be mightily relieved.
Stay with us for the journey & keep the Board on track. In the meantime I'll continue listening to every game (including waking up at 3:30am Wednesdays for Tuesday evening games - sad but devoted thing I am. Rest assured, if we get to Wembley this season, I'll be on that plane - wouldn't miss that one for the World.
Massive thanks for playing your part in turning it around.

This is all very well, but I don't get to deploy my trade-mark gallows humour anymore! :pointy:

NottyImp - 11/12/2016 10:59

This is all very well, but I don't get to deploy my trade-mark gallows humour anymore! :pointy:

Have you revised our finishing position from 11th or 12th Notty ?!

impsimps - 11/12/2016 11:59

NottyImp - 11/12/2016 10:59

Have you revised our finishing position from 11th or 12th Notty ?!

It's edging towards 10th. :gent:

I echo other posters comments. Particularly thanks, Clive, for taking the trouble to post on this site and interact with us fans. Like many I have been through the doldrums, and a few periods of "up" and the positive feeling now is tremendous

I would also like to reiterate many of the sentiments echoed above and I will also like to add that I have talked with a couple of the board about your input into the club and are nothing but positive and complimentary regarding your input and involvement with the club.

As you rightly say in your own post it feels as though the planets are aligning. I am a strong believer in fate and that sometimes things are meant to be. The timing of your own investment along with the availability of our fantastic management team could not have been better.

After last Monday I truly believe the City and surround are waking up to the fact that a revolution is taking place down at Sincil Bank after near on 10 years in the doldrums!! I think it has and will take time because of the general malaise that 10 years of abject failure have created. However last Monday demonstrated the potential this club has I also think many people stayed at home because it was on the TV and it was cold so it could have been even more!

Many thanks for you investment once again and when you are next up in Lincoln for a match don't just sit with the directors come over to the Co-Op stand and sample the passion that the fans in there have!.

I hope one day to shake your hand in person for making me one happy Imp!! :yehaa:

Can't really add anything that other posts haven't covered, but thank you very much Clive for your input, not just in financial terms but other areas, too.

Let's hope this season, and in particular the Oldham game, caught the eye of people(s) who may choose to invest as well.

"...since I wrote my note." Message in a bottle by the Police. Oh sorry - thought this was a music quiz!!!