A to Z: School | Vital Football

A to Z: School

rybel_b

Vital Football Legend
It's coming up to half-term, or already been half-term, so there will be lots of school children around.

What is it you remember about school, from getting lines, to your favourite teacher. Good luck :44:

I'll set us off with:

A. Assembly - do they still have them?

Attachments

• a to z.bmp
    113.3 KB · Views: 0
Yes, but mostly once a week , I think, not usually everyday like we used to.

B - Biscuits - in junior school I was a biscuit monitor. We used to sell Wagon Wheels 3d (I think) and Morning Coffee biscuits 2 for 1d!

sixpence - 23/10/2013 11:32 PM

Yes, but mostly once a week , I think, not usually everyday like we used to.

B - Biscuits - in junior school I was a biscuit monitor. We used to sell Wagon Wheels 3d (I think) and Morning Coffee biscuits 2 for 1d!

Wow 6d, you must have been a very clever girl to be a monitor!!!

C. Cane - for you youngsters, the best way, wham and over. Just blow on your hand for five mins. Er, what makes you think I regularly got the cane then???? lol

So you wasn't the perfect school girl either then Caz, lol!!!

E. English Language - my favourite subject, I could waffle on paper for hours!

G. Geography - I was 47 before I got an 'O' level in Geography. It was only a 'B' because that was when I found out I needed reading glasses, I couldn't read the maps!!!!

This one is for dinner ladies!

I. In-time when it's raining - OK for a day or two but after a week it gets a bit manic!

J. Juniors - It used to be Infants, Juniors and Senior schools. Now it's just a number for each year I believe!

L. Lines - I used to hate them, so time consuming. Cane, slipper, ruler, over and done with straight away!!

N. Note paper - I always used to lose stuff I'd written down, thank goodness for notepads now!

P. P.E or P.T. Physical Education or Physical Training was it? My fav, I've always been a good sport, lol

Q. Quiet corner we had at the Infant school I worked at - it was good while it lasted! Meant all the children who were a little shy or didn't want to play boisterous games could read or draw or play card games