A Sky Q Question | Vital Football

A Sky Q Question

Toon_NoMatterWot

Alert Team
Im not thick when it comes to technology but regardless of this im finding it difficult, without having to resort to ringing the Indian call centre that Sky has as their help centre, to find out the information I need.

Yes im a mug for having 4 sky boxes but ive been thinking of switching to Sky Q for various reasons for a while now. Aside from a cheaper monthly outgoing, they advertise the fact that you can watch up to 3 tv's off one box and then use a mini box for any other tv you want to connect up.

What isn't clear is the fact of whether you can have the choice to watch whatever you want on these individual linked tv's per box. As it stand with my 4 boxes I can watch 4 different things at the same time in theory. It would be a waste if Sky Q made you watch the same programme on 3 tv's as i can do that now with a tv out cable in the rf port.

Just wondering if anyone has it and runs different channels through the house and what set up they have before I decide what to do. The fact that me internet has been playing up for such a long time is also making me think of upgrading the box.

The way it's advertised is wrong toony.You get the main box and then have separate boxes.You get the main one 2tb box.Then a free 1tb box.After that they charge you a one off payment for each extra box you want.
If you record off the main box,you can watch on all the other boxes.You can also record on the other boxes as well.Something like 6 at once.
You can watch what you want at the same time on different boxes.Also if you have recorded on the main box and your family watches the recording back at the same time in another room as you do off the main box it's fine.They can pause stop anytime.
My missus just got it in.It comes with voice activated remote now.So you can just speak and it will find the programme or film,box set etc without typing the full name in.But you only get one remote with this.The mini box doesn't come with a remote for this.
If you like your music and have Spotify you can run that through the box.Also in November you will be able to watch your Netflix through the box as well.
Be careful if you go for it though.My Dad just got it in and I can't remember what they wanted him to pay as he only wanted one box,he was switching from the old sky+ box.It was something luke 199 quid.He was a sky Vip though so got it for 20 quid.
Overall it's pretty impressive from what I have seen but as it's Sky it's not cheap.

cheers Marky. Just wondering really if we can watch different things on all 4 boxes at the same time. Yes I doubt we would actually do so but with the ability to do it now, I dont want to lose that.

We just got i the a few weeks ago, £25 a month for the entertainment package and box sets and HD, it’s all I need and the entire Sky package is way to expensive. The HD is really good. We also kept two of the old boxes up stairs, the kids can watch whatever they want at the same time, haven’t tried the one in our bedroom yet. I got it at that price as I rang to cancel my subscription, they always seem to give you a better deal to keep you on board.