A ramble | Vital Football

A ramble

Rexn

Vital Champions League
Ok, so I go back to my youth, even my middle aged youth when the a season comes to a close and you start thinking what there is to build on.

Looking back, Pards fell out with Ba over the long ball, Cabaye over the long ball and Colo over both of them being winners.

You start thinking what will be better next year, full of excitement. Sissoko proved that he can be a beast but so did Tiote the year before.

Last season gave us a mid season flurry, 4 wins in 6 games, 12 points out of 18 but take those away and the rest of the season was total relegation form. Without those 4 wins, we would be down.

Down is the close season feeling. Top talent has been turned to mediocrity. Transfer speculation has been dampened.

Faith has, if the journalists have interpreted Llambias's reticence correctly, been placed in a manager whose record here has been somewhere between Jim Smith and Sam Allardyce.

Yes, we have talent in the squad, evidenced by the rich European teams who are alleged to be sniffing round. We have been linked with youthful talent, our youth having gone from September through March with only 3 wins out of 19.

The records are evident, one of the most talented squads has only got 2 away wins, only 2 seasons worse in over 100. Our worst defensive record in the Premier League.

The rags are telling us only 2 new signings. They are also telling us who will bid for our top players.

At least we have an attractive warm up, mid table Blackpool from the Championship, Scottish 3rd division champions.

Ashley and Llambias run the club from London. Pardew was reluctant to move up originally until supporter pressure paid off in the boardroom. A resounding defeat is followed by managerial decree of a round of golf.

The season ended with the worst ever run of losing at home without scoring. P3, W0 D0 L3 F0 A10.

This year it feels like the hierarchy don't give a toss, above assistant coach level anyway.

It could be a long cold summer, at least in the hearts of Newcastle supporters, those hearts set to sink even lower with every player sale and every uttering from Ashley's cronies.

Youth was positive, even in my middle age. Even the McFaul years had us looking forward to a Brazilian number 9 measuring 5ft7. Adam Campbell is 2 inches shorter and ideally suited to Pardew's hoofball tactics. At least McFaul's famous W formation gave us hope.

Yes, let's raise a smile for the regime. The excitement level is enough to create a totally somnolent summer.

The expectation level has been completed, both on and off the pitch.

The passion that we're famous for, both dwindled and waning.

Supporters infighting blaming each other for boycotting or attending games, whilst the trouble makers sip wine off all our monies over the years.

We all built the club up through times of disarray whilst the reward for us is nowt but the same.

Toon_NoMatterWot - 5/6/2013 00:06

The expectation level has been completed, both on and off the pitch.

The passion that we're famous for, both dwindled and waning.

Supporters infighting blaming each other for boycotting or attending games, whilst the trouble makers sip wine off all our monies over the years.

We all built the club up through times of disarray whilst the reward for us is nowt but the same.

Only one thing to do mate.

We can't all fit in but we can all stay away. One game is all it would take to show the united front.

Not a bad idea but many would still go. Should have happened after The Sunderland debacle.

A boycott of the first home game would be a good start but it is too difficult to organise, i am not renewing this season for the first time since 2000, I am 52 years old now and retired recently so have plenty of spare time on my hands to go to the match but cannot see much changing next season if we stick with Steven Taylor and Mbiwa at the back we will be in the bottom three at Xmas, If we bought x2 premiership ready Centre halfs, and 2 premiership ready strikers things may improve

But on the positive side!

Errr.... we won't be losing any of the January crew?

I can't think of any others.

Platinii - 5/6/2013 13:59

But on the positive side!

Errr.... we won't be losing any of the January crew?

I can't think of any others.

Another positive, every day that passes we're one day closer to the fat fuck and his henchman pissing off

I think the club needs a message from the fans. They won't get it though because for some reason, the fans are incapable of orgnaising and presenting a united front to Ashley. Passionate? I think many are just shrugging and will more likely walk away than take part in nay protest. I think the one thing that would shift Ashley is relegation.

keggy_keagal - 5/6/2013 18:55

What's happened to a)Pardew's talk in ? and b) the meeting between club reps and tott people?

The talk in was cancelled and we've heard nowt about the fans forum since it was first mentioned.

I may email tomorrow to see what's happening.

taffontyne - 5/6/2013 19:04

Did he ever re-arrange his appearance on BBC Radio Newcastle phone-in?

Not that i know of.

The regime/Pardew just think that we're mugs who will forget everything said or done.