A Favour For Vital Villa! | Vital Football

A Favour For Vital Villa!

The Fear

A Wise Man (once sat next to him)
Hey kind folks (creep)

Just a brief request, if any of you have time, just the odd comment on each article front page would be massively appreciated by me.

You could just cut and paste a post you've made in the forum.

Same logins front page.

New forum and site coming soon, I'm hoping within a couple of weeks. The forum will be similar to this (so won't frighten anyone) but will mean we can embed youtube just by posting the link, use bold, italic etc, embed tweets and easily drag and drop in images.

Should be a massive improvement.

Hoping the front page will be much smarter as well and a new comments box thing where you will be able to use emoticons and gifs as well. Not sure why no other site does this, it will make comments much more like the facebook/twitter type set ups!

New site sounds pretty exciting :4:

I'll try and make a habit of posting on the front page from now on, I used to years ago before getting sucked into this black hole of a forum :17:

It was about a week ago that I changed my vital Villa bookmark from the front page to the 100% Villa forum. Now you’re expecting me to change it back? That’s a lot of work mate!

:93:

The Fear - 10/2/2018 14:06

just the odd comment on each article front page would be massively appreciated by me.

There are plenty of odd comments knocking around in the forums, no reason why a few can't make it onto the front page :3:

Ask not what vital villa can do for you but what YOU can do for vital villa.

Didn't someone say that before?

The Fear - 10/2/2018 14:06

Hey kind folks (creep)

Just a brief request, if any of you have time, just the odd comment on each article front page would be massively appreciated by me.

You could just cut and paste a post you've made in the forum.
Why not, when a forum thread is started by a link to a front page article, have the system post the comments to the front page article into the thread and put the thread posts into the front page article comments automatically? Otherwise the way you're suggesting starting from the forum you have to click on the link, read the front page article, comment on it, copy your comment, then find the relevant thread in the forum and paste it into that. That's just way too cumbersome.

Honestly I'm not moaning about the site which I love, just trying to be constructive.

That is an option tmg and under consideration, but it relies on us behaving in the forum as the front end 'has' to be more child friendly than we often get in here and also would rely on us not going off on tangents and things and I do it myself just replying with a 'lol' or a quote and a lol whatever.

There are obviously ways round that down the line potentially, in terms of an authorisation of what posts get auto submitted to front end but with the plan to switch to more uptodate and useable forums, it's not worth the coding work at the moment knowing it would need to be repeated mate.

If down the line we can sort something like that, then it opens the door to comments posted on front end being ported into the forum thread as well as there are regular chaps on the front end who never come in here - so it could be the best of both worlds eventually.

For now, right click - new tab on article link would make it far less cumbersome and would leave comment on front page if you have one, copy, close window post in thread.

mike_field - 10/2/2018 21:35

That is an option tmg and under consideration, but it relies on us behaving in the forum as the front end 'has' to be more child friendly than we often get in here and also would rely on us not going off on tangents and things and I do it myself just replying with a 'lol' or a quote and a lol whatever.

There are obviously ways round that down the line potentially, in terms of an authorisation of what posts get auto submitted to front end but with the plan to switch to more uptodate and useable forums, it's not worth the coding work at the moment knowing it would need to be repeated mate.

If down the line we can sort something like that, then it opens the door to comments posted on front end being ported into the forum thread as well as there are regular chaps on the front end who never come in here - so it could be the best of both worlds eventually.

For now, right click - new tab on article link would make it far less cumbersome and would leave comment on front page if you have one, copy, close window post in thread.
Thank you for the comprehensive reply Mike.

gmvillan - 10/2/2018 16:37

It was about a week ago that I changed my vital Villa bookmark from the front page to the 100% Villa forum. Now you’re expecting me to change it back? That’s a lot of work mate!

:93:

you should have both!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :35:

Appreciated folks, just helps give it all life.

As said, just a cut and paste of one of your expert opinions from in here is cool !