A bit of stability..... | Vital Football

A bit of stability.....

Kenny Burns Unit

Vital Newbie
Lovely to see Hefele be so dominant last night. For me if fit, we should play him and Fox from now on. We need to get a centre half partnership going and these two are probably the best bet. I would say keep the back 5 the same (including the keeper) but don't want to jinx Byram (please let him not be crocked). I haven't been convinced with Pantilimon so far this season so wouldn't mind Steele having a run in the side. Would be great to be able to play Byram-Fox-Hefele-Robinson every game as for me, that's a decent back four. In front of them play either Gueddy & Colback or Watson & Bridcutt. That way partnerships get established. In front of them we have a number of options but if we can get the crucial partnerships in place, which hopefully Karanka has now decided on, we can really start going places.

Was thinking around the 90 minute mark last night that Steele hadnt been called upon to do anything but at least his kicking was sound. He then lets in a goal he should've saved and then ridiculously fouls the striker in a moment of madness. Basically he could've cost us the game in injury time.

Definately a backup keeper only.

I really don't think that was a pen, and yeah he COULD have done better for the goal, but only if he guessed right if the shot was going far post or near post. The shit he would have got if he had been beaten at his near post.

I really don't think that was a pen, and yeah he COULD have done better for the goal, but only if he guessed right if the shot was going far post or near post. The shit he would have got if he had been beaten at his near post.

OK, it was a good strike that's for sure but if you're a keeper at the top of your game I think you get more of a hand on it that he did. Bit harsh maybe but let's set the bar high.

Re the foul, I think the striker went down of his own accord, ie the force of the contact wasn't the reason he went over but aren't most pens won on the same basis? I watched the injury time on the tv when I got back last night and it looks a definite pen. It was pretty much unanimously agreed on there by the pundits, including Psycho, that it was a pen.

In the 'modern game' it could be judged a pen, but it shouldn't because it's cheating, so for me it's not a pen. Right decision.

Was thinking around the 90 minute mark last night that Steele hadnt been called upon to do anything but at least his kicking was sound. He then lets in a goal he should've saved and then ridiculously fouls the striker in a moment of madness. Basically he could've cost us the game in injury time.

Definately a backup keeper only.

Agree

Steele's goal keeping was the only negative aspect of what was a tremendous win.

He should have saved the goal comfortably and his antics for the penalty that never was were laughable.

He may well turn out to be an able deputy but he has not come close to keeping Pantilimon out.

he look ropey but hasnt played much so kinda expected. Pants is a bit pants but still our best by a mile

When the rules of the modern game was agreed, including pitch sizes and goal sizes, man averaged 5'6". Today we average 5'10". Players have got fitter, faster and many are over 6'. It would be difficult to enlarge the pitch due to stadium sizes. (Although City Ground always was much wider, till BD era). Should we have wider and taller goals, thus more goals/excitement.

When the rules of the modern game was agreed, including pitch sizes and goal sizes, man averaged 5'6". Today we average 5'10". Players have got fitter, faster and many are over 6'. It would be difficult to enlarge the pitch due to stadium sizes. (Although City Ground always was much wider, till BD era). Should we have wider and taller goals, thus more goals/excitement.
No

hes scored a few and paying his way, more concern the 6million quid one we have somewhere