8 Point Deduction v 4 Point Deduction | Page 10 | Vital Football

8 Point Deduction v 4 Point Deduction

Whilst these are new charges, they committed the same a month ago and only got a fine as the efl said a points deduction would punish fans. Complete double standards. Reading between the lines I think if they drop the club would be finished and they clearly don’t want that. However that doesn’t mean you can treat clubs differently.

Why on earth the club isn’t appealing this I do not know (well I do it’s because we’ve no CEO to take the matter up)

I don't understand why the appointment of a CEO would alter this.

Goodburn is acting as CEO at present and as such has the ability within the club to lobby the EFL. for their reasoning.

I have mentioned previously that although it is unusual for a club to run without a board it is not unheard of and in the lower/non leagues there are a number of clubs whose owners have sole responsibility for the day to day running. It is quite possible for any business to run without a board as long as there are departmental managers willing to take on responsibiity.

Whilst these are new charges, they committed the same a month ago and only got a fine as the efl said a points deduction would punish fans. Complete double standards. Reading between the lines I think if they drop the club would be finished and they clearly don’t want that. However that doesn’t mean you can treat clubs differently.

Why on earth the club isn’t appealing this I do not know (well I do it’s because we’ve no CEO to take the matter up)
We are not appealing this because it costs copious amounts of money to undertake any sort of litigation and what would it achieve, however if for instance we were relegated because the same punishments that we received from the EFL were not administered to Reading that would change. As I said previously this will come to a head if another club is relegated at the expense of reading, they will take action against the EFL.

The EFL will be hoping that Reading either finish in the bottom four with the deductions they have now, or win enough points so the deduction they should be recieving does not matter.

They have certainly opened a hornets nest with their incompetence and lack of fairness, makes you wonder the type and quality of people they have in place in decision making rolls.

When I say appealing I mean speaking directly to the EFL and asking for an explanation and clarity around the punishment discrepancies - not challenging them legally. I would also be telling them it needs to be made public in the interests of transparency. If they refuse to comply then I would be going public and informing us fans of that - and the wider footballing public. People can then interpret the statement and the EFLs actions as they see fit. If anything it strengthens the need for an independent regulator.

I appreciate Goodburn is acting in capacity as interim CEO and everything else in between. However he is very inexperienced in the world of football administration and may not even be aware of the double standards at play here. Effectively our owners are being punished for the actions of the previous ones - despite stepping in to save a club from liquidation without having the opportunity to do due diligence beforehand.

As I say I was willing to accept the punishment. The deposit request was made in good faith in attempt to ensure people got paid. I’m not questioning the EFLs intentions when making it. What I am questioning is the very different treatment of two clubs in the same season for failing to comply with it. As the Major says they are opening themselves up to litigation. If they now feel point’s deductions are too punitive then the only really option for them is reinstating us four points and levelling the playing field.

When I say appealing I mean speaking directly to the EFL and asking for an explanation and clarity around the punishment discrepancies - not challenging them legally. I would also be telling them it needs to be made public in the interests of transparency. If they refuse to comply then I would be going public and informing us fans of that - and the wider footballing public. People can then interpret the statement and the EFLs actions as they see fit. If anything it strengthens the need for an independent regulator.

I appreciate Goodburn is acting in capacity as interim CEO and everything else in between. However he is very inexperienced in the world of football administration and may not even be aware of the double standards at play here. Effectively our owners are being punished for the actions of the previous ones - despite stepping in to save a club from liquidation without having the opportunity to do due diligence beforehand.

As I say I was willing to accept the punishment. The deposit request was made in good faith in attempt to ensure people got paid. I’m not questioning the EFLs intentions when making it. What I am questioning is the very different treatment of two clubs in the same season for failing to comply with it. As the Major says they are opening themselves up to litigation. If they now feel point’s deductions are too punitive then the only really option for them is reinstating us four points and levelling the playing field.
Maloney is aware (from comments in press) you might imagine he has conversations from time to time with Goodburn

Although he does not have experience from the world of football he is however very experienced in the world of business and has the experience of both Maloney and Rioch to call on for football related issues.

I would have expected both of the above to be advising him to keep close tabs on the way that Reading are being treated and to have contacted the EFL for clarification and an explanation of the difference between the cases that has allowed them to treat both clubs in a different manner.

Although he does not have experience from the world of football he is however very experienced in the world of business and has the experience of both Maloney and Rioch to call on for football related issues.

I would have expected both of the above to be advising him to keep close tabs on the way that Reading are being treated and to have contacted the EFL for clarification and an explanation of the difference between the cases that has allowed them to treat both clubs in a different manner.

I hope someone at the club is looking at this & making enquiries about the farce efl punishment system.

Unless Mike Danson is stupid, which given his wealth I sincerely doubt, I have no doubt that he will have his legal department all over this.
Not a question of him being stupid more a question of is he all that bothered. Danson is a reluctant owner of Wigan Athletic and would he want to spend the time and effort in challenging this issue should it come to that.

Think you might find out this club owes a lot of money yet. And all the debts have not been paid like we think.
What makes you say this WBL?

I'd have thought that as part of the sale of the club, all debts would have needed to be resolved. Happy to be told I'm wrong though.

Unless Mike Danson is stupid, which given his wealth I sincerely doubt, I have no doubt that he will have his legal department all over this.

I don’t think anyone is questioning his intelligence - but I very much doubt he is involved in the minutiae of running the club. He may well be unaware of the double standards. Perhaps he is aware and couldn’t give a shit who knows. I also doubt he’ll have his legal advisors on it as it shouldn’t need to get that far. What it does require is some questions to be asked of the EFL and clarification sought, which in the interest of transparency should then be communicated to us supporters. I could tell from an article I read last week that Maloney is fuming about the punishment so perhaps the club are on with this and it’s with the EFL wondering how they can justify it all and drag themselves out of the hole they’ve put themselves in.

What makes you say this WBL?

I'd have thought that as part of the sale of the club, all debts would have needed to be resolved. Happy to be told I'm wrong though.
Sure I read somewhere that money we received from United game would have to go towards recently discovered debts that have been found

Sure I read somewhere that money we received from United game would have to go towards recently discovered debts that have been found
I'm surprised to read that. The Finance head has not changed so how would that be? He would have access to all bank transactions for the past x years and so would be aware of the source of receipts and recipients of payments.

I'm surprised to read that. The Finance head has not changed so how would that be? He would have access to all bank transactions for the past x years and so would be aware of the source of receipts and recipients of payments.
So was I when I read it I'm sure it was something to do with a rumour we where after bringing back devine
But wages where a problem so the story was put about might have been some shit I read on Facebook
I know never believe what is said on any media sites but I'm sure I saw it