70 years (n/g) | Vital Football

70 years (n/g)

Nobby_66

Vital Football Hero
Forget your views on the Royal family in general and (of course) put aside all of those who have let her and us down over the years, I can't help but feel it fitting to congratulate Her Majesty on 70 years unselfish and unwavering service to her/our country.
I'm sure she reads this board and will hopefully come on here later to tell us what she had for lunch.

Congratulations Your Majesty.

That is all.

Forget your views on the Royal family in general and (of course) put aside all of those who have let her and us down over the years, I can't help but feel it fitting to congratulate Her Majesty on 70 years unselfish and unwavering service to her/our country.
I'm sure she reads this board and will hopefully come on here later to tell us what she had for lunch.

Congratulations Your Majesty.

That is all.
She's disappointed that Jack didn't re-sign but excited that young Wright might prove to be a hidden gem and she is certainly an expert on gems.

I think it’s the monarchy principle that angers some and, in some places, many. I think most people acknowledge that she’s something special, and has done the job well. But she is a bridge from a time when Britain was a great, imperial power. If there is a contribution that Charles could make, it would be to cross that bridge and get the whole thing scaled down to an appropriate size. If he could pull that off, it would be a substantial achievement.

I admire what the Queen has done, just don't believe in having a Monarchy.

I have absolutely nothing against them as individuals.

Btw, I think some of the Royal Family have been treated abysmally by people who are supposedly Monarchists, eg salacious stories in the Red Tops and long distance intrusive photographs. I think they deserve better as human beings. Just shouldn't be in a post merely by birth imo.

Same for hereditary Lords.

The new Australian PM gave a good speech with fine words about the Queen, made finer by his own republican background. He noted that we had now moved from a relationship of parent and child to one of friends and equals. On today's news from Lord's, however, I'm not sure New Zealand has got the equals bit.

The new Australian PM gave a good speech with fine words about the Queen, made finer by his own republican background. He noted that we had now moved from a relationship of parent and child to one of friends and equals. On today's news from Lord's, however, I'm not sure New Zealand has got the equals bit.
Great debut for Matt Potts and good all round bowling/fielding performance

Reactions: PuB