617 and safe standing | Vital Football

617 and safe standing

Newporter

Vital Youth Team
I thought 617 put a real shift in last night, they just kept going. I was talking, though, to a colleague at work who said her lad was singing with 617 last night and came home with grazes down his legs after being pushed by the crush into the seat back in front of him.
As our crowds get bigger and the passion grows,I think there is a real argument for a safe standing area at Sincil Bank, and certainly it ought to be considered at the new stadium.
It's clear that a lot of people just don't want to sit down, they want to stand up and sing. More power to them I say, they add a huge amount to the Sincil Bank atmosphere, but it would be better if teenagers weren't getting hurt in the process.
Would a safe standing area in the Stacey West be an answer?

Comes down to cost again and also whether there's any point in safe standing in the SW when the 617 want to stay in the Co-op.

I agree as I too like to stand and don't feel that happy about thousands standing in seated areas. The Stacey West is the most obvious or perhaps lower tiesra of the Coop

Re 617, can some one enlighten me as to the following:

A. Why do some of them stand with there backs to pitch, and so miss watching the game they have paid to see?

B. Why do some have the urge to go topless watching the game? Didn't think the flood lights could anyone a tan! :grin:

I heard an answer that Kevin Cooke gave to this. Yes heard as in first person, not through another.

The current rules about safe standing are that :-

If you are building a new stand or stadium you can have safe standing areas.

You cannot replace existing seating areas with standing areas.

That would need a rule change from the authorities.

UnbelievableJeff - 3/4/2017 19:14

I heard an answer that Kevin Cooke gave to this. Yes heard as in first person, not through another.

Bang on the money every club who has gone through the process in applying has wasted their money.
No club in England has been granted this.

UnbelievableJeff - 4/4/2017 18:14

Didn't realise that. Silly rule. Instead hundreds standing and risking injury is better. Nuts.

If we have to build new it's not worth it as we are not, despite the amazing season filling to capacity every game.

With respect to pennies being spent, I am told only one of the three ladies wcs for the Software Europe Stand was operational last night. This needs urgent attention, followed by the PA. Don't know how well it is operating in the Coop Upper but the 617 didn't seem to react to the pre-match rendition of the Dambusters.

exhertsimp - 4/4/2017 22:03

With respect to pennies being spent, I am told only one of the three ladies wcs for the Software Europe Stand was operational last night. This needs urgent attention, followed by the PA. Don't know how well it is operating in the Coop Upper but the 617 didn't seem to react to the pre-match rendition of the Dambusters.

Queue for the toilets in the Library recently are so long I don't bother. the queue for a cup of tea was about 3 miles long at half time, so i didn't bother. 1 person selling programmes before i entered the ground -again the queue was so long i didn't bother. The club haven't grasped that they have 7,000 regular customers now, not 2,500.

Croozey - 4/4/2017 22:22

Queue for the toilets in the Library recently are so long I don't bother. the queue for a cup of tea was about 3 miles long at half time, so i didn't bother. 1 person selling programmes before i entered the ground -again the queue was so long i didn't bother. The club haven't grasped that they have 7,000 regular customers now, not 2,500.
After a blaze of publicity/feed-back all now seems to be quiet about the 2 monthly? liaison between fans groups and the LCFC Board. However including ticketing it is just these sorts of issues which should be raised on a more frequent basis as for instance via the long dead 3cs concept undertaken by the Trust.

Catering in the ground hasn't got anything to do with the Club, so there's nothing to grasp there.

I'm assuming that programme sellers are volunteers and I can't say I've heard any putting their name forward. So, again, nothing to grasp.

PA in the Echo Stand was dodgy back in the pre-season friendlies.

Luke Imp - 5/4/2017 10:19

Catering in the ground hasn't got anything to do with the Club, so there's nothing to grasp there.

I'm assuming that programme sellers are volunteers and I can't say I've heard any putting their name forward. So, again, nothing to grasp.

PA in the Echo Stand was dodgy back in the pre-season friendlies.

It reflects on the club. But who ever is responsible for catering, it's in their own interests to meet the increased demand and they can turn it in to bigger profits, at the same time as keeping people happy. Same as the programmes, it's an area for profit to be made. Stick a stack on each of the turnstiles.

On the subject of the 617's support, it is truly fantastic when compared to a lot of other sides. I was at Barnsley v Cardiff in midweek, there were just over 10,000 there, and the home fans didn't sing one single song all game… and then they were thanked for "their magnificent support" afterwards by the over-enthusiastic crowd announcer.

I thought the support was pitiful and you only heard them when a decision went against them. How can you sit there all game and not get behind your side? At least the hardy bunch of Cardiff supporters (around 200?) tried now and again to get in the mood.

The Imposter - 6/4/2017 17:59

On the subject of the 617's support, it is truly fantastic when compared to a lot of other sides. I was at Barnsley v Cardiff in midweek, there were just over 10,000 there, and the home fans didn't sing one single song all game… and then they were thanked for "their magnificent support" afterwards by the over-enthusiastic crowd announcer.

I thought the support was pitiful and you only heard them when a decision went against them. How can you sit there all game and not get behind your side? At least the hardy bunch of Cardiff supporters (around 200?) tried now and again to get in the mood.

I think the 617 are very important to us. But this season, just about everyone has been in the 617 if by definition you have to sing the songs. The best spectacle this season for me was the cup game at Portman Road, where 5,000 Lincoln fans rocked the place with a party atmosphere for the whole game. Similarly Ipswich cheered their goals and other than that watched the game in silence.(apart from booing their manager).

exhertsimp - 4/4/2017 00:29

After a blaze of publicity/feed-back all now seems to be quiet about the 2 monthly? liaison between fans groups and the LCFC Board. However including ticketing it is just these sorts of issues which should be raised on a more frequent basis as for instance via the long dead 3cs concept undertaken by the Trust.

Not had a fans meeting with the board for a while.
To be fair they have been too busy & it's probably not been thought about.
I go on them and I had forgotton about it.

Croozey - 6/4/2017 08:41

More turnstiles then.
Yeah, let's magic some more turnstiles up just because the programme queue is too long. Wonder how many programmes you'd have to sell go get an 'ROI' on that.

Luke Imp - 7/4/2017 09:31

Croozey - 6/4/2017 08:41

More turnstiles then.
Yeah, let's magic some more turnstiles up just because the programme queue is too long. Wonder how many programmes you'd have to sell go get an 'ROI' on that.

sounds like you work in Customer Services :grin: