£500 to £1000 "donation" | Page 6 | Vital Football

£500 to £1000 "donation"

Got a con

My concern is the supporters club will link up with lenagan and he will buy us eventually for a quid. I dont think it will be genaye who we end up with tbh

The supporters club linking up with any ownership is a good thing as they are fans who don't care about anything other than the clubs best interest.

If we can have a fans representative on the board they will be on our side first and the owners second. Assuming the owner is not doing anything untoward there won't be an issue but if they do they will push back and warn us.

If Lenagan gets us and invites the supporters club in then I think everyone should be content with that as it would be a good will gesture from him that you wouldn't do if you were up to no good and we'd have a safeguard in place incase all the conspiracy theories are true.

Halfway there and only 1,500 have donated. We need to get the word out to ST holders via post/email, especially older ones who don’t have the internet. The Evening Post should have a front page spread with the link and the local radio need to plug it consistently. It needs to be front and centre on the club website as well. Do all of this and I’m telling you, we’ll smash this target!

Amazing support from ex players as well and you can guarantee they’ll be more of them that we don’t know about who have donated anonymously.

James McClean's wife Erin has Tweeted

Wigan was beyond good to us. The very least we can do. I hope it all works out and we can see you back where you belong. 🙏🏼⚽

Amazing gesture from them
That’s not the poppy dodging take the British pound republican that played for us was it. This is really gets my goat I don’t agree but I understand his views and he got slaughtered by many in here and he still donates and to many charities that he keeps quiet. Well done James top player and top lad hopefully Wigan will survive .

Around £165 ,000 raised just today amazing effort, we may have empty seats but we dont have empty hearts.
Absolutely Zakky it's an outstanding effort.
Hopefully the momentum will encourage more folks to get involved - only 1600 or so pledges so far !
Looking forward to Bill Kenyons 5k at the end 😉🤣

Don't talk daft.

More to the point........ Antonee Robinson £1k.
👏👏👏

Don't talk daft? It's entirely plausible and has been done both in this country and abroad. We've raise almost half a million across campaigns so far with hardly any effort. Fan owned clubs are the way forward. Blokes from China, USA being interested never makes sense to me.

Chey Dunkley - £1000
Joe Gelhardt - £1000
Joe Williams - £1000

James McClean - £5000

Top men.

Top, top men.

:clap::clap::clap:

Edit - Apologies, WAFC4ever30 .............. we must have been typing together. (y)

Total respect.....especially to James....always liked him 😃

Great to see former players making donations.

I suspect a number may have made them anonymously and we'll never know. If they want to keep their donation secret in the mindset of a good deed is undermined if you broadcast it is understandable. But i see that as counter productive in this case - not only would it be nice to know so we can thank them broadcasting it could bring attention to the appeal and encourage other former players to chip in.

So former players get telling the world you donated and take the praise while we get the exposure from your good deed.

I tweeted hugo alongside some other tics fans and he has said.... I will help you guys!!

Also sent out messages asking for help from almost every latics player you can think of! Hopefully get some more in the coming daysWe will do this the spirit tonight and support for the campaign has been very moving. 👏👏💙

Ive ran out of ideas now of who to moider, elon musk has a few quid doesnt he 🤣

Just looking at the numbers - the average donation is coming out at a very impressive £157 - that is remarkably high for over 1,700 pledges.

Last time we had 3,500 pledges - I think it's a reasonable assumption that we'll get at least that many again. So we can likely expect another 1,800 pledges. The average donation is bound to drop but at the end of the last crowdfund the average donation was in the region of £50. If the anticipated pledges aligned with that it would be near another 100k. Still looking short of the total needed in theory but maybe if the former players keep chipping in and we can attract some new donors we can do this.

It's a superb effort so far we've far exceeded by expectations within 2 days and I thought the ball park we are already in would probably be our grand total at the end - so I'm very encouraged that the target is more achievable than I thought.

Great effort from all who have donated so far be it 10 quid or 1k it's all very appreciated. Especially after previously donation ingredients in many cases.

I bet Bury and Bolton tried this but didn't get a fraction of the return. We are a very unique little club.