50 years of FOReST badge | Vital Football

50 years of FOReST badge

Iconic and a strong contender for best club badge design in world football.

The only ones in English football for me that even come close are Wolves and Derby, and this is better than either of those.

Last edited:

The only ones in English football for me that even come close are Wolves andThe Derby, and this is better than either of those.

The Derby one is good, but they switch the direction of the ram round from time to time, (perhaps depending on what they feel is the best shagging access).

The badge that I thought was also an effective rival to the FOReST tree was the stylised owl that Sheffield Wednesday used to use, but they have abandoned that for a much more conventional shield type design.

Magnificent badge truly one of the best - if not THE best - in world football. It may be considered sacrilegious to say this but I’d have to say the badge does deviate quite significantly from his initial design though?

The Derby one is good, but they switch the direction of the ram round from time to time, (perhaps depending on what they feel is the best shagging access).

The badge that I thought was also an effective rival to the FOReST tree was the stylised owl that Sheffield Wednesday used to use, but they have abandoned that for a much more conventional shield type design.

I think Drake told Wednesday they couldn't use it anymore.

I'd like Derby's next design to look like a lamb spit roast.

The footballing kind, not the medieval banquet kind.

I think Drake told Wednesday they couldn't use it anymore.
Is that actually a fact? I remember here (Toronto) when a friend of mine (who's Danish) showed up with a cap with what I thought was the Sheff Wed logo on it.

Was told it was Drakes Ovi brand. This logo is now on the side of the Raptors (Basketball) practice facility downtown. Drake is obviously from Toronto and a massive Raptors fan

Is that actually a fact? I remember here (Toronto) when a friend of mine (who's Danish) showed up with a cap with what I thought was the Sheff Wed logo on it.

Was told it was Drakes Ovi brand. This logo is now on the side of the Raptors (Basketball) practice facility downtown. Drake is obviously from Toronto and a massive Raptors fan

No. Was a joke.

Don't know why they didn't either try to work with him or sue him though as the two logos seem VERY close.

The only ones in English football for me that even come close are Wolves and Derby, and this is better than either of those.
it did actually win that award not so long ago :)

When I first watched the interview, I was wondering what he was on about in relation to fans being able to play around with the R and the e. But then I remembered how, aged 10 or so, I was always drawing the Forest tree and the strange R and e under them, and how I would sometimes use their Forest- badge form in other things, just to show my Forest affiliation. So that part of the classic design is true so far as I was concerned.

The paz badge society chap. Although throwy mcthrow didnt publish THAT spreadsheet, forest have won it every year since paz began the award. And that is why Forest are one of the biggest clubs in the world alongside the world famous al abdy or whoever they were.

Al Ahly (Egypt) = big club
Al Faisaly (Jordan) = not so big club