5 league games in December | Vital Football

5 league games in December

gills69

Vital Squad Member
We've got 5 league games in December.

4 of them against teams currently in the bottom half of the table. 3 of the 5 games are at home.

Barrow (A)
Bradford City (H)
Forest Green (A)
Crawley (H)
Sutton (H)

Given our decent performances in the last two games how many points would please you?

For me, 10 would be ok.

Thoughts?

0 - 5 shit
6- 7- disappointing
8 - okay
9 - good
10 - very good
11 - very very good
12+ - fantastic

0 - 5 shit
6- 7- disappointing
8 - okay
9 - good
10 - very good
11 - very very good
12+ - fantastic
If Brad 'n and the team's goal is still promotion, we should be aiming for at least 10 points in this spell. The latter 3 especially are all teams a promoted side should be winning.

The latter 3 especially are all teams a promoted side should be winning.

Of course they are.

However, as good as we were against Charlton we’re still very much a work in progress and I’m not yet expecting consistency (I’d love it but I’m realistic).

As Clemence has stated there will be plenty of tight games. We might struggle against teams that sit deep.

Once Kenny and Hess pull their finger out and get us a decent goal scorer in Jan, I expect we’ll put more points on the board.

Eight points would be okay. Nothing special but okay.

If we can play like we did second half versus Salford and the whole of Charlton, 10 points is achievable. Selfishly I want three of them to come away at Forest Green given me and the kids are going.

10 or more would be good.

We're inconsistent but hopefully improving so 3 wins, a rare draw from a 'meh' performance and a loss by 2/3 where we get it wrong.

If we can play like we did second half versus Salford and the whole of Charlton, 10 points is achievable. Selfishly I want three of them to come away at Forest Green given me and the kids are going.
FGR will be my first outing of the season. As very much a glass pretty well empty sort of person (the late sixties seasons made me like this!) I hope not to emulate your oft-expressed self description last season as a Jonah while taking your children to games. My son is coming as well and his early appearances in the 90s we reckon extended to over 20 games before seeing a victory. Some would call this character forming but he has maintained a strong interest in football ever since and has never shown any desire to become a glory hunting supporter of a higher division team. Hopefully we will all leave the game in a good frame of mind.

FGR will be my first outing of the season. As very much a glass pretty well empty sort of person (the late sixties seasons made me like this!) I hope not to emulate your oft-expressed self description last season as a Jonah while taking your children to games. My son is coming as well and his early appearances in the 90s we reckon extended to over 20 games before seeing a victory. Some would call this character forming but he has maintained a strong interest in football ever since and has never shown any desire to become a glory hunting supporter of a higher division team. Hopefully we will all leave the game in a good frame of mind.

Early 90's was when I started as a kid, so I feel your son's pain. As you can imagine, season 1995/96 came as something of a shock to the system.

On the subject of optimism, I'm ordinarily so miserable there isn't even a glass. 😁

We've got 5 league games in December.

4 of them against teams currently in the bottom half of the table. 3 of the 5 games are at home.

Barrow (A)
Bradford City (H)
Forest Green (A)
Crawley (H)
Sutton (H)

Given our decent performances in the last two games how many points would please you?

For me, 10 would be ok.

Thoughts?
I dare say that GFC would gladly take the ten points right now - so would I, tbh. Barrow & Bradford would be big wins.

Winning against Charlton will add at least 20% to many fans points expectations for December. League games are, of course, quite different to Cup games. 8 to 10pts would be fine as the players continue their adaptation of Clemence-ball. More than that would provide the perfect Christmas present of a secure play off spot at least.

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/medway...filled-with-belief-by-gillingham-boss-297985/

Positive words from Bonne here. Sounds like he feels as if he is coming to his game. SC seems to have won over at least some of the players with regards to a change in style. That said, clearly we are still in a transition period. I wouldn't sniff at 9 points and any more than that will be great.

Will be making my first trip to Priestfield in a long time from Aberystwyth for the Sutton game on the 29th, so hoping that by then we'll have found our stride and can give them a good tonking

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/medway...filled-with-belief-by-gillingham-boss-297985/

Positive words from Bonne here. Sounds like he feels as if he is coming to his game. SC seems to have won over at least some of the players with regards to a change in style. That said, clearly we are still in a transition period. I wouldn't sniff at 9 points and any more than that will be great.

Will be making my first trip to Priestfield in a long time from Aberystwyth for the Sutton game on the 29th, so hoping that by then we'll have found our stride and can give them a good tonking

Tip for you Cymru and others:

You can find full videos of interviews with players and manager pre and post match here:

Pre- game conferences are normally uploaded on a Thursday evening with post-match conferences released late on the night of a Saturday match.

You get a lot of content that KOL then dripfeed out over the next 5 days.

You also get the full context because you hear the question and get more of a feel for what are genuine thoughts and which questions basically left the interviewee with little scope but to give the desired soundbite.

Some of the questions particularly to the players can be excruciating especially when the three interviewers ask very similar questions (one of them has seemingly had an obsession with SC’s dad)

Tip for you Cymru and others:

You can find full videos of interviews with players and manager pre and post match here:

Pre- game conferences are normally uploaded on a Thursday evening with post-match conferences released late on the night of a Saturday match.

You get a lot of content that KOL then dripfeed out over the next 5 days.

You also get the full context because you hear the question and get more of a feel for what are genuine thoughts and which questions basically left the interviewee with little scope but to give the desired soundbite.

Some of the questions particularly to the players can be excruciating especially when the three interviewers ask very similar questions (one of them has seemingly had an obsession with SC’s dad)

Cheers - have to say I don't spend a lot of time on the club website. Just dip in and out of KoL every now and again when I get a spare moment. Sorry if I've gone over old ground there.

Cheers - have to say I don't spend a lot of time on the club website. Just dip in and out of KoL every now and again when I get a spare moment. Sorry if I've gone over old ground there.

Not at all. I think I’m in a clear minority of people who actually watch those videos.

Jerryattrick will be pleased to know that the link for the full interviews often get put out on Twitter / Facebook with a much shorter clip.