5.30pm Kick off | Page 7 | Vital Football

5.30pm Kick off

Gills 58 - didn't make a Tw** of yourself, didn't you missing a pervious away victory by being such a tight arse? Have some faith (£10 FFS with all your wealth) . What are you going to be doing otherwise (don't answer, I feel I don't want to know ps don't fall off a bike)?

(I wish we had an emoji for ******);)

Gills 58 - didn't make a Tw** of yourself, didn't you missing a pervious away victory by being such a tight arse? Have some faith (£10 FFS with all your wealth) . What are you going to be doing otherwise (don't answer, I feel I don't want to know ps don't fall off a bike)?

(I wish we had an emoji for ******);)
Have you been on the sauce Rotherhithe, like me, enjoying our last day in tier 2? Took full advantage of Spoons 99p a pint offer after watching that shite.

Perhaps today’s early kickoff was to account for the 4 hours Dubai are ahead on time? 1730 here is 2130 there- and apparently a certain PDPS is over there now. Maybe he’ll come back with an investor this time and the New Year will bring news of the new stadium and a target Premiership campaign outlined for next season!!

Perhaps today’s early kickoff was to account for the 4 hours Dubai are ahead on time? 1730 here is 2130 there- and apparently a certain PDPS is over there now. Maybe he’ll come back with an investor this time and the New Year will bring news of the new stadium and a target Premiership campaign outlined for next season!!

Many people on the sauce tonight! 😊

Well we really are 'Stuck in the Middle' now
Results so far:
v Top Ten P8 W0 D1 L7
v. the rest P9 W7 D1 L1

'Ups and Downs' 5- game stretches; 'LWWDW', 'LLLLL', 'WDWWW', 'LL...'

So after the planned SE 'merry-go-round' with prob 6 going out and In?

we could - push up to 7/8th ; drop to 15/16; or stay Stuck in Middle 11/12th

Most likely the Stuck option ; in which case we may be faced with another SE season(oh dear) ; in the other 2 cases I think he'll be off - if the higher finish, to another job at a 'bigger' club, if the lower he will walk complaining we're 'too small a club for him' .
Poss replacement ? - I like the look and sound of the Cambridge manager - young, bright, decent guy, plays football (not hoofball)

Results so far:
v Top Ten P8 W0 D1 L7
v. the rest P9 W7 D1 L1

Most likely the Stuck option ; in which case we may be faced with another SE season(oh dear) ; in the other 2 cases I think he'll be off - if the higher finish, to another job at a 'bigger' club, if the lower he will walk complaining we're 'too small a club for him' .
Poss replacement ? - I like the look and sound of the Cambridge manager - young, bright, decent guy, plays football (not hoofball)
He’s out of contract at the end of the season, and so far there’s been no talk of a contract extension being offered or signed.

Results so far:
v Top Ten P8 W0 D1 L7
v. the rest P9 W7 D1 L1

I’d have killed for those win/loss stats for most of the last few seasons in L1.

In fact, if we’d had those stats for the 2nd half of 2015/16 we’d have been promoted. And most other seasons we wouldn’t have been staring at relegation for 3/4 of the year.

He’s out of contract at the end of the season, and so far there’s been no talk of a contract extension being offered or signed.

Its the gills way. Most extensions are done at the last minute when sometimes its too late.

Its a tough call for Evans. He's clearly ambitious and would want a competitive squad. Can the club match his ambition?

Its tough call for scally. I suspect he not as cheap as Lovell, pennock etc. and has he delivered more success?

I'd like him to stay as I dont think we will attract better albeit I wish he'd cut out the hoofball. I'm losing interest in ifollow now. Will watch the home games as I have an ST but not paying for aways until we start to entertain a bit.

Hoping scally holds off any ST deals for next season as well. I'm sure I will renew but at the moment apathy towards the gills is rearing its ugly head.

Last edited:
In defence of Evans any Gillingham manager who loses his best players through injury is going to struggle.We don't know if that is anything to do with training of course. But I think given events of last season fitness wise I think you can probably say it was just bad luck or possibly the fixtures list itself.
Tactics might not be right but the current rules do not allow for clubs like Gillingham losing their best players. Evans has made mistakes but part of the reason is the budget .The simple fact is with more funds you can afford to make mistakes.i have said over and over this season is about survival. Time others got their head around that.Evans tactics might not be pretty but he has kept us out of the drop zone thus far .I never wanted the appointment but until Scally can come up with some real funds any progress is likely to be minimal.Championship football almost impossible.

Results so far:
v Top Ten P8 W0 D1 L7
v. the rest P9 W7 D1 L1

Interesting set of stats, Bronco , thanks. The figures do seem to indicate that we are "on target" for a decent mid-table finish with an outside chance of pushing into the play-offs. Like many, i`ve become a little frustrated with the unattractive style we`re playing at the moment, especially given that we have some creative, yet often excluded, youngsters in the squad. But, with all the negatives about, i`d be satisfied with a middle for diddle season and keeping SE on board.
Cheers for the stats - good stuff.

I don't think anyone is seriously calling for SE to be replaced and agree we are in a realistic position. Doesn't mean we can't call out poor performances or team selections/tactics though does it