4 years ago today | Vital Football

4 years ago today

What is even more remarkable is that 4 years ago there were 88 League places between us and Arsenal as of today there are 36 places.

On that remarkable day 4 years ago imagine being told that in 4 years time we would be 52 places closer to them in the league ladder!

I was a nervous man, as I was in the Arsenal end behind the goal. The only tickets i could get. Had a very good view of Nathan's shot, and Chechs save. Had that gone in...

I was staying in a hotel in Watford and on the evening after the game I went into the McDonalds in Watford town centre and bumped into no other than Luke Waterfall getting his order in.

He felt the players had let the fans down with the second half performance and I just said, don't be daft you've just given us the ride of our lives.

I was staying in a hotel in Watford and on the evening after the game I went into the McDonalds in Watford town centre and bumped into no other than Luke Waterfall getting his order in.

He felt the players had let the fans down with the second half performance and I just said, don't be daft you've just given us the ride of our lives.

Wow - that is an incredible show of humility from Waterfall to say that. As you rightly say that squad had given Imps followers the ride of their lives and some of the best memories. I sincerely hope that his subsequent memories of that day, that run, that season, have become memories of immense pride.

My profile picture is from that day, watching the game in the only pub in Venice we could find that would play the match! I missed the first ten minutes while they struggled to put it on, but was just delighted to be able to see it at all. Quite the day, even with the end result. (There was just me and the Mrs [by default] supporting Lincoln, and one Arsenal fan who didn't say much)

I was in Tenerife on holiday, so I couldn't get a ticket. I came home on the day of the game and managed to get home about an hour before kick off. So at least I got to watch it on telly. We did put on a good show until they scored. I think we had something like 70% possession after the first 15 minutes. They must have wondered what they were up against. If we had held them to 0-0 at half time, they wouldn't have been able to relax so much. They played with more confidence after they scored and were much the better team in the 2nd half.

My profile picture is from that day, watching the game in the only pub in Venice we could find that would play the match! I missed the first ten minutes while they struggled to put it on, but was just delighted to be able to see it at all. Quite the day, even with the end result. (There was just me and the Mrs [by default] supporting Lincoln, and one Arsenal fan who didn't say much)
As I recall, those in the ground were pretty quiet until they scored.