4 Players Depart the Squad | Vital Football

4 Players Depart the Squad

imps1

Vital 1st Team Regular

Vale Returned to Blackburn
Shodipo. Donnery and Worsfold-Gregg also depart.

No surprise with any there. Vale been a bit unlucky being asked to play in a role he wasn't really suited to. Mido was clearly just a stop-gap though perhaps one who might have been used a bit more. The other two were signposted as leaving a while back.

Doesn't change much really in so much as they are all fringe/youth players and the last two coaches had already decided Vale wasn't the answer to the question.

It will at least likely free up a wage for an incoming of a reasonable level.

Still no release of Adelakun yet either (if he is indeed leaving) and a big earner.

No surprises there then (although reassuring in a way if we've sent Vale back that some forwards will be on the way).

Vale was disappointing especially as someone we signed while injured and couldn't be involved for almost two months... sadly not worth the wait. He wasn't an out and out 9 and buzzed around a little bit without ever looking seriously threatening. The Blackburn fans' comments were very unfavourable about him from last season albeit a level up, but sadly done little to convince.

It wouldn't shock me if he was on loan somewhere else either bottom L1 or L2 and he puts up 1 in 20 type numbers.

Shodipo I know was signed as an extra body and someone who could hit the ground running but still think he should have played a little more. Not sure where he will pitch up. Not a world beater but we've had worse players IMO and at least he has some sort of tangible record at this level. I suspect there hasn't been much intention of extending that deal for a while, hence the lack of minutes. If he went and played in L2 for half a season suspect he could do pretty well but he clearly didn't want to take any lower down offers in the summer.

Tough being an attacker for us over the last 18 months or so too, which makes it harder to objectively value a contribution I think.

No surprises there then (although reassuring in a way if we've sent Vale back that some forwards will be on the way).

Vale was disappointing especially as someone we signed while injured and couldn't be involved for almost two months... sadly not worth the wait. He wasn't an out and out 9 and buzzed around a little bit without ever looking seriously threatening. The Blackburn fans' comments were very unfavourable about him from last season albeit a level up, but sadly done little to convince.

It wouldn't shock me if he was on loan somewhere else either bottom L1 or L2 and he puts up 1 in 20 type numbers.

Shodipo I know was signed as an extra body and someone who could hit the ground running but still think he should have played a little more. Not sure where he will pitch up. Not a world beater but we've had worse players IMO and at least he has some sort of tangible record at this level. I suspect there hasn't been much intention of extending that deal for a while, hence the lack of minutes. If he went and played in L2 for half a season suspect he could do pretty well but he clearly didn't want to take any lower down offers in the summer.

Tough being an attacker for us over the last 18 months or so too, which makes it harder to objectively value a contribution I think.

Guessing Shodipo was wanted by MK, but not rated by TS or MS - he did okay in the few chances he got. Oh well.

I welcome this development. More need to go altogether or out on loan. I would expect to see a negotiated termination settlement with Adelekun.

Last edited:

Agree with all that, Vale reminded me a little of Liam Cullen at times.

EDIT - And a Plange impact.