4-4-2 | Page 2 | Vital Football

4-4-2

Every home game we are camped in our own half for the last 10 mins, not any other team in the division will finish home games the way we do
I’ve noticed this. Add that to all the late goals we’ve conceded along with the injuries and I think it’s clear the players are unfit to the levels we used to see under Coyle. Did Cook invest in a table tennis table over the summer?

Chucking on Grigg and Garner is hardly that. Connolly rather than Evans - or even Macca - I'll grant you.

Fair point, though we had little to no creativity so you could argue what was the point of those two without the introduction of mcmanaman to supply them.

Fair point, though we had little to no creativity so you could argue what was the point of those two without the introduction of mcmanaman to supply them.
We had no creativity all through the game because our greatest asset for creativity was playing up top until he limped off again and McMannaman who can open up a defence was left on the bench for the whole game.

Powell is now out again with an hamstring so what we are going to do next will be interesting.
Hopefully we will move Morsy into attacking midfield and Evans alongside Gibson or McDonald but no doubt Connoly will be involved.

My take on our defending deeper as the matches go on is of an attitudinal one - players are aware of the consequences of conceding late - they have done already this season and last, so to rectify it, try and play a more positional role in defending than a proactively "seek and destroy" type of game. Add into it the odd booking here and there and the issue of attitude is further highlighted. It's natural for more caution to creep in as time goes on, but we're almost seeing a fight or flight reaction late on in matches.