3 games in (and not just Gillingham) | Vital Football

3 games in (and not just Gillingham)

gills69

Vital Squad Member
After only three games we're already showing the massive inconsistency that has blighted us for the last few years.

It's not just us though. Looking at the league tables this morning I couldn't help noticing that of the 72 league clubs only 2 (Blackburn and Orient) have won all of their three games.

I don't know for sure but it seems unusual that so many teams have lost their 100% record so quickly.

Interesting observation, gills69. Agree that it does appear unusual - especially as it would seem to fly in the face of the disparity between the football haves and have-nots.

Only thing I would disagree with is we came 10th the two seasons before we went down so for us that was a good finish. And we weren't that bad under Lovell, he got the job done. Nothing fancy but he kept us safe at a distance and got us out of a right old mess left by Pennock.

Its early in the season and on another Facebook group I wont mention they are wetting the bed and to some extent want us to go down to force scally out quicker (their calculation not mine). I think some would rather tank the club and start again ala Hereford, AFC etc. To be fair were not getting value for money as a country with trident not being used so who knows if we can offer up Priestfield.

So its early days and im gonna wait longer, we didn't start very well with Stimson's promotion year if you remember. How would a 7-0 away thrashing to Shrewsbury go down now? I think were looking like a top half team at the moment but who knows.

Harrogate have won 3-0 and lost 3-0 and drawn 0-0.
I would say they are almost as unpredictable as us if you only want to rely on just three result

After only three games we're already showing the massive inconsistency that has blighted us for the last few years.

It's not just us though. Looking at the league tables this morning I couldn't help noticing that of the 72 league clubs only 2 (Blackburn and Orient) have won all of their three games.

I don't know for sure but it seems unusual that so many teams have lost their 100% record so quickly.

Further to the above, neither Orient or Blackburn managed to win 4 out of 4. This must be the earliest that all 72 clubs have lost their 100% record.