3 at the back | Vital Football

3 at the back

44two

Vital Youth Team
I'm looking forward to an expected setteled 3 at the back.

Worrall, Mancienne, Fox.

Mills, Hobbs as capable albeit expensive and injuryprone backups, and the possibility of another youth-teamer coming through the ranks.

Looks good enough to build on to me.

44two - 12/7/2017 09:13

Worrall, Mancienne, Fox.

Mills, Hobbs as capable albeit expensive and injuryprone backups, and the possibility of another youth-teamer coming through the ranks.

all depends on the midfield imo and if MW can get the team to gel with the system. if we see the same level of disjointedness we did last season then 3 at the back will see us ship 2 goals a game again.

oddly enough tho I am positive about this system in theory.

A midfield of four.
Two wing-backs.
Lichaj on the right. Traore on the left.

Two in the middle.
Vaughan and Cohen

Three up front.
Brereton, Clough, Cummings

The front 7 with backups from
Carayol, Osborn, Ward, McKay and at least three more after the sales of Assombalonga and Vellios.

What we lack are more defensive backup wing-backs, another steel central midfielder and an experienced striker to mentor the young Brereton/Clough/Cummings/McKay.

44two - 12/7/2017 09:13

Worrall, Mancienne, Fox.

This would be my back 3 also.

44two - 12/7/2017 09:56

A midfield of four.
Two wing-backs.
Lichaj on the right. Traore on the left.

Two in the middle.
Vaughan and Cohen

Three up front.
Brereton, Clough, Cummings

The front 7 with backups from
Carayol, Osborn, Ward, McKay and at least three more after the sales of Assombalonga and Vellios.

What we lack are more defensive backup wing-backs, another steel central midfielder and an experienced striker to mentor the young Brereton/Clough/Cummings/McKay.

Interesting stuff and it could work. That midfield has to be fixed up first though.

Both Cummings and McKay are players well suited for place in the front 3 of a 3-4-3 system.

The rumors of James Justin of Luton would also fit nicely into the plans, as a wingback in a midfield four.

And, Michael Hector would fill the steel midfield/central defender role....

I would be looking at Traore, mills and hector (or other new quality CB) with worrall and Manc as back up. Get rid of Hobbs if possible as too unreliable, and fox as not good enough. Yes better towards end of season, but we will always concede with him at the back imo.