3-0 AT THE TEMPLE OF CONVENIENCE | Vital Football

3-0 AT THE TEMPLE OF CONVENIENCE

CITYBOY1000

Vital Champions League
Nuff said.

We are leaving it late now. It's going to take a miraculous, mathematics-defying last throw of the dice to drag this one back. In fact I don't think Isaac Newton, Pythagoras and Archimedes could dig us out of this one guys n' girls.

Feel sorry for the Villans. They are staring down the barrel now.

Hat-trick from the girl. He's all mascara'd up and looking pretty.

Ah well. We lived the dream.

Next season is ours.

For those who aren't acquainted with Manchester city centre, The Temple of Convenience was (might still be for all I know) a former public toilet just off Oxford Road in Manchester converted into a bar. In the words of one critic :-

"A quirky little place. only worth visiting to see how weird it is. i seem to remember it had good music on the jukebox and pretty good beer. other than that it is actually a toilet."

Just about sums up another place I recall on the outskirts of Greater Manchester.

CITYBOY1000 - 22/4/2013 21:35

For those who aren't acquainted with Manchester city centre, The Temple of Convenience was (might still be for all I know) a former public toilet just off Oxford Road in Manchester converted into a bar. In the words of one critic :-

"A quirky little place. only worth visiting to see how weird it is. i seem to remember it had good music on the jukebox and pretty good beer. other than that it is actually a toilet."

Just about sums up another place I recall on the outskirts of Greater Manchester.

Haven't been down that way for a long time, but, iirc, blink and you'd miss it, because it's below street level. You know if it's still there, Fifth?

Oliver Kay ?@OliverKayTimes
Something rather routine the title celebrations at Old Trafford. Ground half-empty before #MUFC players reach the dressing-room.

Entitlement...arrogance....?

Or was the last train back to Euston at 22.00?

Probably a healthy mixture of both.

Evra just ain't letting that one go is he ?

Talk about bearing a grudge.

He could be accused of undermining his race. He's set back race relations 100 years by presenting himself chowing-down on a poor missionaries' limb like some bone-through-the-nose cannibal on a desert island.

Suppose MUTV won't present it that way though.....................

Well I am not going to lower myself and I have to say congratulations you scabby arsed bastards.

However thank you Sky for reminding the rags how we won it last year by showing the Aguero goal again.

They will never ever top how we won it and does it not feel like an anti climax, now it is settled.

I think they win at Old Toilet soured the celebrations and they know that they just got away with it at the Etihad.

CITYBOY1000 - 22/4/2013 21:35

Oh aye, the temple is still there

Classy as ever

"It's always sweet when you win the title and it's nice to do it here, in the right way and in style, not on goal difference," said Ferdinand.

Bluedub - 23/4/2013 09:20

Classy as ever

"It's always sweet when you win the title and it's nice to do it here, in the right way and in style, not on goal difference," said Ferdinand.

Someone should point out the number of red cards given in their favor, off-side goals allowed in their favor, penalties awarded to them, and overall favoritism shown to his team. Maybe he'll shut up at that point. Probably not. Once an asshole, always an asshole.

I don't condone violence at football games, or anywhere for that matter but there are times when you can sort of see how it comes about.

No I agree with BD, Neither gracious in defeat and obnoxious in victory.

The difference is that City fans will give credit where it is due, but i hope we were not as smug when we won it last year. I don't remember any of us saying well the rags didn't really do it right when they won the CL against Chelsea because it was a penalty shoot out.

what a nobhead, nothing wrong in celebrating your victory, I just don't see the point of him degrading Liverpool and ourselves in doing so.

Bluedub - 23/4/2013 14:20

Classy as ever

First time I've seen that. I'd heard he'd had a pop, but not the substance of it.
Winter of the Telegraph always seems to mention the 'likeable' Ferdinand in his pieces. As Roxy Music once noted, 'Oh Yeah'?

There was of course E*ra too, biting a mock arm in front of the crowd.

This is why they're hated, they can't just enjoy their success, they have to carry on like obnoxious bullies and taunt and goad the opposition. We all know who the players take their lead from too. Despicable club.