25000 crowd for rugby | Page 2 | Vital Football

25000 crowd for rugby

It's a sport in crisis,It seems the never ending rule changes being brought in has fans and players up in arms and indeed it seems the players are talking about going on strike on the what they call Magic weekend.Totally imploding

Follow that Jack Welsby on Twitter, as he's Latics and he's retweeted stuff from players (think they're club captains some of them), something to do with a rule that the players don't like

Just watched the second half of the WCC. I'm not an avid Rugby League watcher/follower, but I was naturally under the impression that a game like this between England and Australia would have had a referee from a neutral country.

As it turns out, the referee was English and he's single-handedly handed the trophy to Warriors on a silver platter.

Those Latics fans who think EFL refs are bent, you should try supporting whatever Aussie team that was. No wonder Rugby League is on its arse with officiating like that.

A neutral referee from England ???

It is worse than that he is from Wigan actually, Worsley Mesnes I was told.

A neutral referee from England ???

It is worse than that he is from Wigan actually, Worsley Mesnes I was told.

Saw this, there's a Latics fan I follow on Twitter who's an ex-RL player, so he watches the games with an understanding of RL and an unbiased view, he reckoned the ref was absolutely dreadful and gave Wigan everything.

If they can have refs from Wigan, wonder if we can get that Lewis Smith that's just started reffing in the Prem for Tuesday night (Wiganer and big Latics fan)

Follow that Jack Welsby on Twitter, as he's Latics and he's retweeted stuff from players (think they're club captains some of them), something to do with a rule that the players don't like
Yeah. Can't make contact with players above the armpit now. There was an accidental clash of heads last night - a player seemed to lose his footing and butt his opponent. He got sent off !

To do with the 125 ex players who have brain injuries and are suing the RFL.

Only one company will give the RFL a quote on insuring the game and they doubled their premium to £1.5m. The insurance company are pretty much demanding the changes to the game.

There was a referee who tweeted that they were 10 days from Rugby League ending because of the issue.

Just watched the second half of the WCC. I'm not an avid Rugby League watcher/follower, but I was naturally under the impression that a game like this between England and Australia would have had a referee from a neutral country.

As it turns out, the referee was English and he's single-handedly handed the trophy to Warriors on a silver platter.

Those Latics fans who think EFL refs are bent, you should try supporting whatever Aussie team that was. No wonder Rugby League is on its arse with officiating like that.

'No wonder RL is on it's arse with officiating like that'......it wasn't great for both sides, some abysmal decisions but it was far from a 'homer' outcome. The ref, Liam Moore, imo didn't have the best of games but didn't have any bias, infact he didn't give any Wigan try but merely referred it to the video ref. Shame that it barred a decent game which could have gone anyway....again imo

Crowd announced was NOT 25000. Ony 24900. Not a sell out with all them thugby supporters from across the Lancs Yorkshire tunnel
ES1 wasnt used because of the large screen, but all tickets were sold, so it was a sell-out. Just as all tickets were sold for the Man Utd game and a sell-out constituted 22000.

And to the haters - have a great Sunday! :cool:

My take on last night...I love spending time with my son and nephew who are both Tics and Warriors. Few pints and good craic. On the match, 2 or 3 calls went our way but we needed that to win because Penrith are a superb tackling machine who enjoyed the majority of territorial advantage all night ...Wigan tackled superbly all night and had to. Pity the French try was ruled out as was the stand out moment of the match. Saw several other Tics during the day.

My take on last night...I love spending time with my son and nephew who are both Tics and Warriors. Few pints and good craic. On the match, 2 or 3 calls went our way but we needed that to win because Penrith are a superb tackling machine who enjoyed the majority of territorial advantage all night ...Wigan tackled superbly all night and had to. Pity the French try was ruled out as was the stand out moment of the match. Saw several other Tics during the day.
this
forget the rugby and the footy
just this.
every credit mate.

A few years ago we reduced the capacity for away fans to 4800. Leaving 600 or so empty seats. It was sited on health and safety reasons that the concourse was too small for the original capacity.
Has this changed. If not how were the North and South standstill allowed to be used to capacity last night?

A few years ago we reduced the capacity for away fans to 4800. Leaving 600 or so empty seats. It was sited on health and safety reasons that the concourse was too small for the original capacity.
Has this changed. If not how were the North and South standstill allowed to be used to capacity last night?
That safety theory doesn't stand up mate as your average Warrior weighs about the same as 1.5 Tics so the same amount of folk need considerably more elbow space.

Well done to the Warriors, awesome team spirit. Rode their luck a bit with a couple of the video ref decisions , but a win is a win. And I didn't notice any of the Penrith players whingeing about the decions either. And before anyone comments negatively , I'm a proud Wiganer who supports both,so don't waste your time.
Better entertainment than was served up on Friday night, that Cleary guy was class with the way he went over to the fans at full time signing autographs and doing selfies and the Aussie players didn't do the silly shushing and cupping ears that you get in football when they scored.

If I was a Penrith player or the coach I'd be a tad miffed after that refereeing debacle, the try from the lardies that in the end won the game was a farce, the ref was unsighted because of the amount of bodies covering the ball but gave a try then went to the video ref for confirmation.

We didn't need umpteen replays to see the Worriers player made a double movement and the ball wasn't even on the line never mind over it, yet the try was given.

Fast forward to the last minute of the game Penrith scored what would have been the winning try, the Wigan referee gave no try (again unsighted) went to the video ref that claimed there was insufficient evidence that the ball was over the line, what an absolute joke!

As mentioned on this thread Liam Moore is definitely from Wigan he attended Deanery High school and was in my daughters class, the RFL had the pick of the bunch for this game and chose a Wigan referee, the sport is corrupt!

Sam Burgess in the studio said that the Wigan so called try shouldn't have stood and that the ball was around a foot from the line.

Last edited:
If I was a Penrith player or the coach I'd be a tad miffed after that refereeing debacle, the try from the lardies that in the end won the game was a farce, the ref was unsighted because of the amount of bodies covering the ball but gave a try then went to the video ref for confirmation.

We didn't need umpteen replays to see the Worriers player made a double movement and the ball wasn't even on the line never mind over it, yet the try was given.

Fast forward to the last minute of the game Penrith scored what would have been the winning try, the Wigan referee gave no try (again unsighted) went to the video ref that claimed there was insufficient evidence that the ball was over the line, what an absolute joke!

As mentioned on this thread Liam Moore is definitely from Wigan he attended Deanery High school and was in my daughters class, the RFL had the pick of the bunch for this game and chose a Wigan referee, the sport is corrupt!

Sam Burgess in the studio said that the Wigan so called try shouldn't have stood and that the ball was around a foot from the line.
😴

Saints beat Penrith fair and square in their own back yard with a Aussie ref, that game will always be known as a history making classic.

Last nights game will be remembered for the bias officials, the Worriers may have the trophy in the cabinet but the game was tainted by blatant bias and not won fairly unlike last years WCC.

ES1 wasnt used because of the large screen, but all tickets were sold, so it was a sell-out. Just as all tickets were sold for the Man Utd game and a sell-out constituted 22000.

And to the haters - have a great Sunday! :cool:
So you're team has just won it's cup final and instead of celebrating into the night you go onto a football forum!What a sad life you lead

Saints beat Penrith fair and square in their own back yard with a Aussie ref, that game will always be known as a history making classic.

Last nights game will be remembered for the bias officials, the Worriers may have the trophy in the cabinet but the game was tainted by blatant bias and not won fairly unlike last years WCC.
History books will say that Wigan won. Just like the history books say Wigan won the FA Cup in 2013. On neither occasion will it mention that (in some opinions), the ref was biased), nor will it say Ben Watsons goal was the only shot on target for Wigan that day.

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday fellas. :cool: