25 Years | Vital Football

25 Years

Geordieracer69

Vital Squad Member
I've been following NUFC.

Never have I seen such division in our fan base. Maybe social media makes it easier for people with differing views to air them but we'll never change the direction of the club whilst these now deep seated fractures are repaired.

Sad times.

I don't think it's that divided. Surely the majority of fans would like to the back of Mike Ashley and the return of ambition? The divide that exists seems to be that some people think that sacking Pardew doesn't get to the root of the problem. I believe that Ashley will struggle to replace Pardew with another yes man, that's why I would like him to go.

banjo9 - 19/9/2014 16:58

I believe that Ashley will struggle to replace Pardew with another yes man, that's why I would like him to go.

Where does this belief come from ?

We live in a world full of yes men and greedy fuckers.

Some professional footballers choose to sit out their careers on benches for a bit wedge.

It's the same reason Pardew puts up with the abuse.

Give me 500k pa and I would face the wrath of the mackems (i'd do it for nowt as well mind)

I wish people would stop kidding themselves.

Ashley will not struggle to replace pardew.

I think overall we are very divided, like a bad relationship.. all the pet peeves and resentment and cynicism has built up and now it's gotten to a point that all the negativity that stems from the club has us turning on each other.

What Ashley has done will take a long long time to repair, when of course he eventually leaves. I suspect he has no intention of doing any time soon.

What supporters should be doing is lobbying the F.A and PL Association, there has to be some sort of rule that he's breaking by how he has the club running. It's taking the piss out of the league and sport in general, like openly admitting that cup games are not priority, it's as good as saying you're going to throw a match.

Would be interesting to go over the rules and regulations with a fine tooth comb and see if there's anything we could nail him with.

If the powers that be start punishing him directly and hit him where it hurts (in the pocket), he'd find a buyer for the club fairly quick smart i reckon.

NUFC has been destroyed as to what I started going to watch/support 25-30 years ago. Ashley has ripped the heart out of it, as others say, perhaps irreparably. Not trying or being interested in winning games, whether in cups or to make sure they don't qualify for Europe is nothing short of scandalous and why the powers that be don't pick up on this is beyond me. WTF is the point of the team existing if it's only ambition is to stay in the Premier League to make the fat **** and shite direct money? Goes against everything sport exists for, surely?