2024 Summer Transfer Window thread | Page 6 | Vital Football

2024 Summer Transfer Window thread

I live in Reading so have been told plenty about Richards' potential over the years. I'm not sure he really got the opportunity to show much at Bayern in the year he was there. But you are right the fact he was picked up by them does show there could be something there, again we are talking potential not proven form.

Id move taiwo on of we get a decent offer but as wolf says Richards makes taiwo look like an ever present, so not a great comparison.

Not sure anyone thinks toff is long term answer as starting left back but many do agree that he is perfectly suitable squad back up for this position given his solid form when asked upon, minimum injury record and all round positive attitude.

Last thing we need is more needless turnover of players. Many leave this summer anyway..I'm hoping we do not put ourselves in the media firing line again over signing players.
Agreed. 5 players required for me.

FB, CB, CM, CF and a winger. Another year for Boly

Is TA the same injury. Now it has had surgery and proper pre season does he not have the same injury status as everyone else. I thought both seasons he struggled with groin strain issues. Is this correct?

Is TA the same injury. Now it has had surgery and proper pre season does he not have the same injury status as everyone else. I thought both seasons he struggled with groin strain issues. Is this correct?
True story...

My aunt beryl was the second oldest person to complete the London marathon with a time of 3h 26s.
Her friend, maureen, was the third oldest person to complete the London marathon with a time of 4h 15s.

What did the organisers do to commemorate this feat of fortitude, physical prowess and never-say-die attitude???

Fack all...

In their eyes, all that mattered was that two old ladies didn't pop their clogs doing the 26 miles.

Forest reported to be in for a goalkeeper. Worth looking at Crawley town goalkeeper. Great stopper,, brilliant passer, cool under pressure. 25.

Forest reported to be in for a goalkeeper. Worth looking at Crawley town goalkeeper. Great stopper,, brilliant passer, cool under pressure. 25.
Not a clue about this guy, but what we all know is between now and next summer Vlach and Turner need to be sold, we need a young prospect to develop and Sels needs to be a great number 2, which will require a number by next August

Not a clue about this guy, but what we all know is between now and next summer Vlach and Turner need to be sold, we need a young prospect to develop and Sels needs to be a great number 2, which will require a number by next August
Well Nuno is the perfect manager to know if Sels is good enough to be our number 1 or not

He's had plenty of first hand experience of him now and is an ex keeper himself

So it's on him to make a decision either way there

Knowing the other two weren't good enough was a decision we all could make

With CHO catching the eye with his recent performances, what do you reckon we could get for him if we decided to sell?
Surely he's not actually just worth 5 million.

I can’t believe the CHO signing worked. Everything about it screamed Lingard - a scoring winger, young but with experience - got to be £30 mill?
I was thinking about 20m for him myself.
Either way if we want to be a buy cheap, sell for profit type of club then this transfer window might be the time to sell him, we'd definitely get good value.

With CHO catching the eye with his recent performances, what do you reckon we could get for him if we decided to sell?
Surely he's not actually just worth 5 million.
I think we'd need another good season. At 23/24 with another good season behind him we could almost name ou r price. Maybe not quite what Chelsea at one time wanted, but not far off. A winger with 8 goals in a weak side in the Premier League is valuable

He needs more assists though

I think we'd need another good season. At 23/24 with another good season behind him we could almost name ou r price. Maybe not quite what Chelsea at one time wanted, but not far off. A winger with 8 goals in a weak side in the Premier League is valuable

He probably deserved an assist yesterday. Chelsea noticeably showed CHO outside when he got the ball and he actually went outside, and put several decent crosses in on his left peg. He keeps doing that and he'll get the assists as well as being much harder to play against.

The big addition to CHO’s play has been he twice went outside fullback and crossed. Chelsea defenders were wary of him coming in. Twice went to line and made opportunities. Suddenly they were aware of him going out so came in. Hit cross bar and scored a beauty. Aina going outside adds further dimension. His confidence has increased as he has been picked regularly. Could be diamond next year. Need to get on end of those crosses.

Chaps I’ve said this before but Murillo is a Cdm or left back in the making. He isn’t strong enough in the air. He could be a devestating deep play maker - range of passing is outstanding. I would get some tough imposing talk centre halfs , a first line striker , another left back and a couple of stellar loans for the wings and we are pretty much there

We have to accept that our defensive play hasn’t been good enough which is why we are fourth bottom on 29 points

Chaps I’ve said this before but Murillo is a Cdm or left back in the making. He isn’t strong enough in the air. He could be a devestating deep play maker - range of passing is outstanding. I would get some tough imposing talk centre halfs , a first line striker , another left back and a couple of stellar loans for the wings and we are pretty much there

We have to accept that our defensive play hasn’t been good enough which is why we are fourth bottom on 29 points
Our defence has been awful

Last season we conceded 68, this season 66.

But I would argue our defence has been far worse.

We had more clean sheets last season. A huge chunk of our conceded goals last season were in just a handful of games - Man City away, Leicester away, Arsenal away, West Ham away- nearly 20 goals in just those games

But when we needed to shut up shop we could and did

But this season we've only had one battering but we are conceding goals every single week

We've scored 9 goals more than last season but the defensive frailties means we've actually finished far worse