2024 Summer Transfer Window thread | Page 18 | Vital Football

2024 Summer Transfer Window thread

awoniyi when asked about his future

He replied: “That’s a tough one, for me I am still under contract at Nottingham Forest, for sure I am here. For now I am a player of Nottingham Forest.”

get rid! not convinced on all these injuries myself.

awoniyi when asked about his future

He replied: “That’s a tough one, for me I am still under contract at Nottingham Forest, for sure I am here. For now I am a player of Nottingham Forest.”

get rid! not convinced on all these injuries myself.

I think he and Wood are job-sharing. Whole thing stinks.

So it's time for a discussion on a new forward.
Ramos would be ideal, but he's out of our league now.

I don't really think Solanke is the answer. Not saying he's bad, but we need someone that's going to take things by the scruff of the neck in a game, and I don't think that's him.

Lukaku a few years ago, but not now.

Guirassy - Not enough of a step up for me.

Anyone got any other suggestions?

what do we do with Sangare -35 mill and hes played just about 2 games worth of minutes this year.

So it's time for a discussion on a new forward.
Ramos would be ideal, but he's out of our league now.

I don't really think Solanke is the answer. Not saying he's bad, but we need someone that's going to take things by the scruff of the neck in a game, and I don't think that's him.

Lukaku a few years ago, but not now.

Guirassy - Not enough of a step up for me.

Anyone got any other suggestions?
Solanke is out of our league unfortunately. We cannot expect to take a top player from any rival. Only Brentford fans think they can do that.

We can get a player that a higher club doesn't rate and wants off the books- a Broja or an Nkettia type for instance- or we can get someone from the Championship, or someone from abroad.

A few have suggested that Brereton would be an interesting option and relatively cheap. I was sceptical because he isn't actually that good. He isn't clinical and fluffs his lines, his skill isn't that great. But he has a physicality that suits the PL quite well.

Ok so now it's not me cherry picking stats

It's the independent stat analysts that are wrong

Do I get an apology at least?

They don't have stats for the eye catching stuff we see sadly

They just have stats on outcomes and results

Yet we've under performed on outcome and results all season but looked quite good doing it

Can't you see a pattern here guys?

Similarly MGW outcomes are open to question to a certain extent

Meanwhile CHO doesnt always catch the eye all of the time but boy does he have impactful end results which I've defended and which I will totally accept other shortfalls as a result

It's a results business guys

Have you apologised to us all for Origi yet, Wolfie? 👀

The main basis of being a good anything in football is reading the game and being where you should be before it happens.

Toffolo on Saturday…prime example of not doing anything and therefore pulling everything out of shape

Murillo reads the game pretty well at 21

Solanke is out of our league unfortunately. We cannot expect to take a top player from any rival. Only Brentford fans think they can do that.

We can get a player that a higher club doesn't rate and wants off the books- a Broja or an Nkettia type for instance- or we can get someone from the Championship, or someone from abroad.

A few have suggested that Brereton would be an interesting option and relatively cheap. I was sceptical because he isn't actually that good. He isn't clinical and fluffs his lines, his skill isn't that great. But he has a physicality that suits the PL quite well.
Not many names in the Championship this year that spring to mind. Think it is going to be from abroad and with our new Portuguese head scout…

Quite a bit of waste in central midfield last 2 seasons. Yates is out lasting them all.

Sangare- 35mill
O brien - 40k a week
Kouyate - solid pro. Old - played 11 times this season
Shelvey - didn't last long
Freuler -unused towards the end

My guy is that dominquez will go too.

I don't usually get involved in speculation for transfers but it's early doors and some thoughts around where we could look for a new forward.

Really difficult for us to attract a top notch in form forward and going to have to be creative id imagine.

Some affordable and possible options we are could have a think on:

Vangelis Pavlidis, greek international so obvious links. Scored loads in Dutch league. Has been linked with Fulham, west ham and Chelsea past 6 months or so.

Luca Jovic - offloaded from real Madrid after massive fee and never living up to it. With AC Milan and contract running out. Probably wouldn't come to us but dunno if he could fall into that CHO risk reward category if on a free.

Josh Sargent - really good season in championship. Wolves and others supposedly sniffing around. Quick and think he would work well in our system.

From bundesliga, openda, guirrasy, Beier. Not sure any of them would come to us but the last one a young kid with Hoffenheim might be a possibility.

Last edited:
I don't usually get involved in speculation for transfers but it's early doors and some thoughts around where we could look for a new forward.

Really difficult for us to attract a top notch in form forward and going to have to be creative id imagine.

Some affordable and possible options we are could have a think on:

Vangelis Pavlidis, greek international so obvious links. Scored loads in Dutch league. Has been linked with Fulham, west ham and Chelsea past 6 months or so.

Stefan Jovic - offloaded from real Madrid after massive fee and never living up to it. With AC Milan and contract running out. Probably wouldn't come to us but dunno if he could fall into that CHO risk reward category if on a free.

Josh Sargent - really good season in championship. Wolves and others supposedly sniffing around. Quick and think he would work well in our system.

From bundesliga, openda, guirrasy, Beier. Not sure any of them would come to us but the last one a young kid with Hoffenheim might be a possibility.

Seen the Beier links and also I was impressed with the Greek lad when I saw him. I am wondering if selling Taiwo might be on the cards?

Seen the Beier links and also I was impressed with the Greek lad when I saw him. I am wondering if selling Taiwo might be on the cards?
Are we linked to Beier? That would be good. I haven't seen any links and those names really are just me having a sniff around and think.

Wonder whether any value in seeing any interest in Awoniyi back across in deal to Germany. But guess we value him higher than Beier as a now tried and tested PL forward.

That comment someone posted of his yesterday makes me wonder if he's been told we won't stop him from moving on. Maybe he is the PSR hole solution.

Quite a bit of waste in central midfield last 2 seasons. Yates is out lasting them all.

Sangare- 35mill
O brien - 40k a week
Kouyate - solid pro. Old - played 11 times this season
Shelvey - didn't last long
Freuler -unused towards the end

My guy is that dominquez will go too.
Be difficult to sell O’Brien now and yeah I think if the right club comes in Dominguez will be off too which is a shame because he is a very good player.

Sell O Brien and Worrall to Sheffield United in part ex for Hamer.

Buy Demirovic from Augsberg, can play up front or wide.

Maguire and another young forward.

The squad should have thinned out during the close season.