2023/24 Fantasy Football League | Vital Football

2023/24 Fantasy Football League

DeanoVilla

One Bloody Number
The first 20 price reveals were done today.

Erling Haaland is now a whopping £14m! Only 3 other players have ever been that high before (Henry, Ronaldo and Van Persie).

Surely he's still a must have, even that that price though, so it's basically how do you spend your remaining £86m on 14 players.

Ollie Watkins has gone up £0.5m to £8m.

You can watch the reveal here -

I see they have reassigned some players' positions as well - Gakpo is now a forward whereas last season, he was a midfielder.

I might have to start paying attention to what's going on this season! 😂

Martinez a snip at £5m!

I always start my season with 3 Villa players, ever hopeful that this season will be our season.

I really think that we are going to pull up trees this season, or am I just falling for the same old pre-season optimism?

I always start my season with 3 Villa players, ever hopeful that this season will be our season.

I really think that we are going to pull up trees this season, or am I just falling for the same old pre-season optimism?
I'm too cautious to put Villa players in, in case I jinx them.

That being said, I also have found that you can't rely on Man Utd or Tottenham players either.

Harry Kane £12.5m

A decent alternative to Haaland at that price or have you just got to have Haaland even though he's £1.5m more?

As for Villa players, I'd haver had Moreno but his injury makes him a dount early on. Other than that none of them really appeal to me. Ramsey maybe, but there's some serious competition in that £6m bracket.

Harry Kane £12.5m

A decent alternative to Haaland at that price or have you just got to have Haaland even though he's £1.5m more?

As for Villa players, I'd haver had Moreno but his injury makes him a dount early on. Other than that none of them really appeal to me. Ramsey maybe, but there's some serious competition in that £6m bracket.

I think you have to have Haaland, even at 14m. I'd be tempted by Emi1 at £5m. I don't know about JJ at 6.

You can usually get a couple of decent £4.5m keepers and rotate them depending on opposition, thats the only thing putting me off Emi.

It's just a long standing tactic of mine.

Kane just is a bit inconsistent to me compared to Haaland, I'd rather pay the £2m extra.

Cost of living crisis hitting FPL as well these days!

I think JJ is good value at £6m for a midfielder, you have to time it right though to bring him in against the right opposition though.

Kane just is a bit inconsistent to me compared to Haaland, I'd rather pay the £2m extra.

Cost of living crisis hitting FPL as well these days!

I normally have Kane because he pretty much consistantly picks points up -
think last year he looked miles off Haaland but wasn't that far behind him points wise in the end.

hopefully zaha moves to saudi as he always trolls me into getting him for a couple of weeks and then doing fa until i get rid.

No price for Sanson announced yet ?

I normally have Kane because he pretty much consistantly picks points up -
think last year he looked miles off Haaland but in the end he wasn't that far behind him points wise in the end.

hopefully zaha moves to saudi as he always trolls me into getting him for a couple of weeks and then doing fa until i get rid.

Yeah I had the same problem with all Palace players, did sweet FA until I got rid of them and then brought in all the points.

Shows how much we need another attacking player when our most expensive option is Watkins at £8m. I actually think Ramsey looks good value at £6m, I was expecting him to be £6.5m or £7m, as I think he could easily hit double figures for goals this season. Buendia is the overpriced one at £6m, as he is unlikely to start many games IMO and even if he does I see him getting another poor return of 4-5 goals and maybe a couple of assists. Comparing us to Spurs as an example they have Kane (£12.5m), Son (£9m) and Maddison (not sure on his price but probably £8.5m) as their options going forward and I'm fairly certain they will outscore us over the season with current options quite easily. Even if we just added a Barnes in there we'd suddenly look a bit more threatening going forward.

Of course that's just a game but the prices do tend to reflect the quality of the team. In defence we look fine and I imagine Torres will be priced at £5m too so definitely worth getting a Villa defender in or Martinez as I think we'll get quite a few clean sheets next season.

Hi all.

I've auto-renewed our mini league from last season so anyone who was in it will automatically be in it again this year.

If you're new and would like to join the Vital Villa mini-league you can either use the link below-

Or

Within the game click join league and enter code ldu1l0

Hi all.

I've auto-renewed our mini league from last season so anyone who was in it will automatically be in it again this year.

If you're new and would like to join the Vital Villa mini-league you can either use the link below-

Or

Within the game click join league and enter code ldu1l0