2023/2024 | Page 4 | Vital Football

2023/2024

I still scratch my head and wonder why, if we do get Barnes a fast left footed footballer who plays on the left, when we have a fast left footed footballer playing down the right, and a fast right footed footballer playing down the left, we haven't given both the others a chance down their natural side, before spending a fee.....

Just a thought...

Because Almiron is utter shit.

Meanwhile in other news as Newcastle are piss farting about, Villa are signing yet more quality, and looking to add to it with Moussa Diaby.

I don't know what salary Tielemans has negotiated at Villa but it was too much for what we thought he was worth apparently. The lad from Villarreal seems a decent acquisition. Not sure if they have made any more

Meanwhile in other news as Newcastle are piss farting about, Villa are signing yet more quality, and looking to add to it with Moussa Diaby.
Yet another season ahead where Newcastle United just aren't good enough for you

I can't wait for more laser accurate player assesments and cutting edge match analysis - heheheeee

Who is your target for absolute unwarranted vitriol going to be this season?

Luke Edwards has done a bit in the torygraph about the limitations of FFP on us and the risk of seeming to take a step backwards this next season

Luke Edwards has done a bit in the torygraph about the limitations of FFP on us and the risk of seeming to take a step backwards this next season

I wouldn’t trust Luke Edwards if he told me that grass is green. But FFP does seem to be getting used as an excuse. Shame no other club is troubled by it.

I wouldn’t trust Luke Edwards if he told me that grass is green. But FFP does seem to be getting used as an excuse. Shame no other club is troubled by it.
Aye, the owners like to keep their cards close to their chests, I believe very little of what they quote to the media.

Aye, the owners like to keep their cards close to their chests, I believe very little of what they quote to the media.

Yep. On one hand I like that approach. On the other hand, I wish they’d hurry the fuck up about things. I see no logic in any club humming and harring over a few quid given the vast sums of money involved and at their disposal, when it is surely best practice to get a squad together early as possible to gel. We seen that first hand with Gordon in January by the very fact he hardly played. Get players in early and get them up to speed. Because at present, we’re likely to get lynched this season with all the additional games.

Yep. On one hand I like that approach. On the other hand, I wish they’d hurry the fuck up about things. I see no logic in any club humming and harring over a few quid given the vast sums of money involved and at their disposal, when it is surely best practice to get a squad together early as possible to gel. We seen that first hand with Gordon in January by the very fact he hardly played. Get players in early and get them up to speed. Because at present, we’re likely to get lynched this season with all the additional games.

You're now currently bitching about what you see as slow Summer progress by comparing it to a January signing - you really should get someone to check your posts before you go public with them 😂😂

If you think FFP is being used as an "excuse" for not spending why don't you qualify what you actually think is going on rather than constantly making veiled digs at the club?

I get the feeling Eddie is not that happy.
Any thoughts ?
I haven't actually 'seen' any of his interviews regarding transfers but I'm not reading anything that concerns me

I think he is professional enough that when he talks about frustrations, they will be club frustrations rather than personal ones

In an ideal world we would have every first choice signing in before preseason training - I doubt any club in the world achieves that

I found his comments in that article quite interesting Mc.

Specifically .......

"you want the best squad you can get" ,

which is open to interpretation, but fairly standard on it's own.

Married to this one however

"We know the challenges we face. I think the summer we have been through all the emotions"

Could mean we are not as much in control as some of us, myself included , want to believe.

Just a bit friendly debate now 😁

I found his comments in that article quite interesting Mc.

Specifically .......

"you want the best squad you can get" ,

which is open to interpretation, but fairly standard on it's own.

Married to this one however

"We know the challenges we face. I think the summer we have been through all the emotions"

Could mean we are not as much in control as some of us, myself included , want to believe.

Just a bit friendly debate now 😁
😂

My opinion of the transfer windows has remained the same for a bit now - it's business, it's unpredictable

It certainly isn't a science with a perfect formula - there will be frustrations and disappointments along the way but the hope is at the end of it all you get a balanced, workable squad to work with

We are now shopping in Waitrose as oppose to Lidl and as such players will probably expect more than we are willing to pay at the minute - I was reading this morning that Madison "really, really had his heart set on joining us" - apparently what stopped him was the 175k a week that Spurs were offering

I'm still very much in the honeymoon period and not looking for any issues just yet

Just to repeat myself - I reckon even if we get some real quality reinforcements, next season is going to be difficult

I think Eddie will be feeling the pressure and will obviously want the best squad they can put together but I'm not sensing that him and those charged with providing the players are on different pages in terms of where they want to be at the start of next season

Last edited:
There is plenty of time left in the transfer window however I thought we wanted to do early business and have the squad ready for pre season friendlies and competitions. This has not been done and there is still a lot of dross to move on.
I am pretty confident more incomings will arrive. They are needed as the current squad is not good enough for league and European fixtures. the hierarchy must know this so too early to panic

😂

My opinion of the transfer windows has remained the same for a bit now - it's business, it's unpredictable

It certainly isn't a science with a perfect formula - there will be frustrations and disappointments along the way but the hope is at the end of it all you get a balanced, workable squad to work with

We are now shopping in Waitrose as oppose to Lidl and as such players will probably expect more than we are willing to pay at the minute - I was reading this morning that Madison "really, really had his heart set on joining us" - apparently what stopped him was the 175k a week that Spurs were offering

I'm still very much in the honeymoon period and not looking for any issues just yet

Just to repeat myself - I reckon even if we get some real quality reinforcements, next season is going to be difficult

I think Eddie will be feeling the pressure and will obviously want the best squad they can put together but I'm not sensing that him and those charged with providing the players are on different pages in terms of where they want to be at the start of next season
Agree with a lot of that Mc, especially the part about Eddie being under pressure.

Not from the owners mind, but from himself.

He wants perfection and that's his Achilles heel IMO.

Same mentality as Guardiola but with less experience and definitely less financial clout, at the moment.

Whether that's down to FFP or the owners is the battleground as far as I'm concerned.

Logic dictates it has to be the former, but I'm not discounting OM's concerns.

We don't know what OM's concerns are though because he rarely explains himself

He was unhappy with last Summer's business - it was the same story in January (there's a post in this thread where he is still claiming that January gone was a poor window) but he doesn't explain why

North of 300 million spent, 4th place, CL qualification and a cup final in their first full season and he's still trying to make some pointless point about how disappointed he is with the way things are going

Last edited: