20220219 - PL Match Thread - Manchester City FC vs Tottenham Hotspur | Page 19 | Vital Football

20220219 - PL Match Thread - Manchester City FC vs Tottenham Hotspur

Result?

• Win

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Loss

Votes: 4 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't blame Hugo entirely. The GK is last line of defence. Not 1st.

Dier being alpha has to take responsibility of owning the penalty area.
A goalkeeper should take responsibility and be in command of his six yard area with defenders looking after the wider penalty area.

My simple opinion on that "parry" by Hugo, is that he noted De-Bruyne coming down on him, maybe panicked because of that "head injury" he sustained a while back, just my thoughts.

I'm not sure it was a parry. It bounced off of him as he was trying to gather it was my take but I could be wrong.

I'm not sure it was a parry. It bounced off of him as he was trying to gather it was my take but I could be wrong.
To a degree you are probably right there Nick, but what I was trying to say was...he maybe took his eye off the ball for a second because of De-Bruyne closing down on him and the fear of another head injury, just a thought.

A goalkeeper should take responsibility and be in command of his six yard area with defenders looking after the wider penalty area.

Only if the GK has the ability to do so. Hugo hasn't commanded his area properly for years.

We all know his go to move is punch and parry.

Only if the GK has the ability to do so. Hugo hasn't commanded his area properly for years.

We all know his go to move is punch and parry.
It hasn't always been that way RD, for me he has looked to be losing control of his area and lacking more in confidence as time goes by.