2022 World Cup Thread | Page 6 | Vital Football

2022 World Cup Thread

Yes definitely not Argentina for me we have too much history with them for any Englishman to want them to win a sly cheating team summed up by the way the goalie threw the ball away before one of the French penalties

The best Final ever, certainly in my lifetime …. and Messi lifting the trophy means he finally passes Maradona as the Greatest Player of all time for me :clap::clap::clap:

Yes definitely not Argentina for me we have too much history with them for any Englishman to want them to win a sly cheating team summed up by the way the goalie threw the ball away before one of the French penalties

History you say, what would you rather win? A Final like what we’ve just witnessed …. or a virtually deserted island with a few sheep thousands of miles away that ‘we’ probably stole in the first place?

I think we have had more wars with the French than the argies. If an imps keeper did that and we won they would never need to buy a pint again ever. Brilliant match glad we weren’t involved as I could watch it without any other emotion.

Superb final. best ever since I started watching WC in 1962 . Well done to Argentina . Best team at the finals and a deserved win . Great country and great supporters.
As for people mentioning the other bits , if Lincoln keeper had done the same im sure no complaints would be said . Very fickle .

Superb final. best ever since I started watching WC in 1962 . Well done to Argentina . Best team at the finals and a deserved win . Great country and great supporters.
As for people mentioning the other bits , if Lincoln keeper had done the same im sure no complaints would be said . Very fickle .

great wine too!

The best Final ever, certainly in my lifetime …. and Messi lifting the trophy means he finally passes Maradona as the Greatest Player of all time for me :clap::clap::clap:

I've never been one to go down the best player of all time . The game has changed so much over the 60 odd years I have watched football. Great players to many to mention over so many years .

The final was rubbish for 70 minutes, then France's subs and Mbappe changed the game and it was pulsating thereafter. Similar to the Arsenal v Man U FA cup final in the 70s which was fizzling out as a 2-0 to the Arse before it burst into life late on.

Argie's cheating and shithousery nauseating aned had so much tolerance they can only have bribed the refs. Dirty winners of a dirty cup. Pleased for Messi who is one of the all time best and above that, but the rest? As Sir Alf said.....

The final was rubbish for 70 minutes, then France's subs and Mbappe changed the game and it was pulsating thereafter. Similar to the Arsenal v Man U FA cup final in the 70s which was fizzling out as a 2-0 to the Arse before it burst into life late on.

Argie's cheating and shithousery nauseating aned had so much tolerance they can only have bribed the refs. Dirty winners of a dirty cup. Pleased for Messi who is one of the all time best and above that, but the rest? As Sir Alf said.....

Great match to watch , deserved winners , and a great WC . Back to the FA trophy on Tuesday. That's football lol

The referees were incredibly lenient in this WC only the two sendings off in the whole tournament Hennessy for Wales and the guy from Cameroon who took his shirt off after scoring the winner against Brazil.

Teams like Argentina got away with murder if teams did what they and other teams did in an EFL game they would have had 2 or 3 sent off IMO.

It must have been a directive from FIFA prior to the commencement of the WC.

I hope we start adding the time on for stoppages/time wasted in league games that was a great addition IMO

Fantastic tournament - probably the best of my lifetime. Some great games and fantastic stories and at about 3 weeks the perfect length.

Thank goodness, with FIFA as custodians of the game, that we don't have to worry about needless format changes in the future.