2022/2023 Season Fixture List, Prognostications and Preview | Vital Football

2022/2023 Season Fixture List, Prognostications and Preview

Let's say our backline, which only really started playing cohesively toward the end of the season, improves by 25% that puts us at 30 goals against.

Based on this season, that puts us ahead of Chelsea and very very close to the two top teams who we are constantly challenging. 8 points from 12.

Nick's rating system shows us how close we are, an incremental improvement each game will improve our points total dramatically.

All aspects are coming together with the longer term impact of an improved scouting network.

How can you not be excited?

I don't always agree with him and he is a bit of a tit, but I have enjoyed Simon Jordan recently going at the media for what is a consistent anti-Spurs narrative.

On topic though, I think there is a very good chance that we see a surprise in who wins the PL. People say that the likes of Man City and Liverpool are untouchable but the mid-season WC is such an unknown and it could completely derail everything for a lot of clubs. The further up the league the team, the more likely they see the vast majority of their squad go to the WC. Injuries, fatigue (emotional and physical) will play a part. All the while, other teams who have less players go have a mid-season, preseason. A chance of a reset.

I'm excited, but this won't be a normal season.

I don't always agree with him and he is a bit of a tit, but I have enjoyed Simon Jordan recently going at the media for what is a consistent anti-Spurs narrative.

On topic though, I think there is a very good chance that we see a surprise in who wins the PL. People say that the likes of Man City and Liverpool are untouchable but the mid-season WC is such an unknown and it could completely derail everything for a lot of clubs. The further up the league the team, the more likely they see the vast majority of their squad go to the WC. Injuries, fatigue (emotional and physical) will play a part. All the while, other teams who have less players go have a mid-season, preseason. A chance of a reset.

On that thinking Matic I think you could be right there, yes excitement is mounting for a very abnormal season coming up.

No reason not to be excited. I do agree that Conte having the majority of his players together for pre-season is important. A fast start is required.

As for the World Cup, the other consequence is not having 3 rounds of internationals in 3 autumn months. I think we only have one international window this autumn. It will be interesting to see how managers keep non-WC players fit for 6 weeks and then integrates the others as they come back in phases as their teams drop out of the competition.

Just getting to 4th and CL qualification was for me exciting, because I considered it well out of reach at the start of the season. I'll be equally excited if we can maintain that next season whilst having a good run in the CL. Improving to third place will be something quite special.

Improving the back four , three , five …won’t be difficult .
Conte has worked wonders with what he had , and the two he brought in in January, showed his determination and mindset as he immediately worked out where we were weakest .
The signing of Perisic is brilliant , Forster is a sound keeper , both have tremendous experience and won’t need bedding in.

As for the rest of the window , for the first time in years I’m looking forward to who we bring in , rather than hoping we get someone I’ve actually heard of ….
I hope Sanchez doesn’t go because he will be a hell of a player under Conte .
Davies , as dependable as he has been , will need to revert to a squad player , and a top defender brought in , but we all know that !

The World Cup is going to fuck up the season completely, players not wanting to get injured before ….., then training and playing in fifty degrees …..and returning absolutely exhausted .
How can it not have a negative effect .
Mad dogs and Englishmen go out in the midday sun !
How FIFA expect this not to have terrible issues with players health and conditioning is beyond me .
The sun only has to peak out from the clouds over here , and we stop for a drinks break !!!!!

The second half of the season will be decided by the teams that had the least amount of players playing out there .

So I haven’t got a clue about this season coming up , but if we can consolidate Champions League status I will think that will be remarkable.
We have to aim to be better than the Chavs , that will be progress.
And if Conte and Paratici are backed , those prospects are looking really good .

If you look at it logically, there are the following areas to consider:

1) Continue improving the back line.
2) Get more quality out of the wing-backs
3) Get more creativity out of the midfield
4) Get a bigger defensive contribution from the front 3
5) Ensure goals and assists are shared around the side more evenly

I also think Conte needs to quickly find that plan B in formation and tactics. He needs to make sure that predictable 3-4-3 isn't negated too often. We need to be able to shift in the 90 mins if the plan A isn't working.

Careful Matic, you'll get yourself in trouble with talk like that.

Do we care anymore? I get that there are reservations among many but so many important aspects of the operational side of the club have been dealt with or are being dealt with it’s quite obvious we are in a completely different zone than we have been.

I did laugh at it, I can tell you now, Levy hates being called an accountant. He isn't and never has been, he has a first in economics and land management. That said he understand the importance of financial management better than most in his role...lol!

I did laugh at it, I can tell you now, Levy hates being called an accountant. He isn't and never has been, he has a first in economics and land management. That said he understand the importance of financial management better than most in his role...lol!

I think I'm right in saying that what we're actually seeing is a shift in the backgrounds of the board of directors. Only 2 or 3 years ago there were about 4 or 5 of them that had something like Chartered Accountancy in their background. Now you look and that profile has changed. The new CCO, Todd Kiline, has a Sales and Marketing background. Jonathan Turner also has an interesting background of investment banking and UK govt, whilst we all know that Fabio is a football person.

It does look a more diverse group nowadays.