20211024 PL Match Thread - West Ham United FC vs Tottenham Hotspur | Vital Football

20211024 PL Match Thread - West Ham United FC vs Tottenham Hotspur

Result?

• Win

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Lose

Votes: 5 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Problem is, Villa and Newcastle have been poor. We don't know whether our guys will be up for it when we finally play a decent couple of sides like West Ham and Utd. Hammers punch above their weight under Moyes, just like Everton did for years under him. He has them organised and they grind it out.

Glad the Spammers are in Europe too. However, having said that, they do top their group and their next match (Thursday) is against the group's bottom dweller, at home. So, while they'll look to win that match, I can't see them going full-tilt for it with us coming across town on Sunday (and the I think/hope we'll play a weakened side on Thursday also); the difference being the amount of wiggle room they have to the amount we have. A draw or a loss on Thursday for us and win by Rennes does us no favors in that group, whereas, a loss for Wet Spam hurts them a lot less.

Having said all of that, I expect to see both sides at full strength, barring injuries and like some have already said in this thread, this their cup final...and I'll add, that we need to play the game with that mindset!

This is not the West Ham that couldn't buy a point playing us season in and season out, no, this bunch is made of much sterner stuff (and we've already tested their mettle trying to sit on a 3-goal lead...and we all know what happened there!) No, regardless of how we start they're coming after us.

Preparation for this match is key and I hope Nuno already knows the importance of winning this one for the club and fans (he didn't seem to grasp the importance of the NLD...still sore about that one!) Obviously it's important to go into all matches with a winning mindset, but the players must also be aware that without it we lose! Wins by teams we're tied with or who are within striking distance of our tenuous position could leave us back in P10 (F1 talk..sorry...love that stuff). Look at the fixtures:

United Liverpool (form says Liverpool wins that one...but it's a toss up and a draw would do us fine).

Everton v Watford - Everton all day long in that one

Brentford v Leicester - Tough to call, Leicester appear to be getting their feet back under them and Brentford continue to play quality football (Draw)

Wolves v Leeds - I can see another draw here, but with Leeds flattering to deceive versus their form last season, Wolves could certainly take this one

Wins by any or all of the home teams, including the Spammers could be disastrous for us...all that said I'll settle for a draw and will back that claim in the predictors thread.

This bit added after some thought - changed my predicted result...COME ON YOU SPURS!!!

Last edited:
Hmmm this one is tough to call. I honestly don't think the Newcastle match was a measuring stick for much of anything...

Against teams that are willing to pressure us all over the pitch...we struggle...the Hammers will be that team. They are a very solid team all over the pitch.

I would love to be optimistic and say we got this...but I am a realist and haven't seen enough yet...

I have us losing this match.

Last edited:
3 points will not be a lay-down mesire, but will be the shot in the arm we need.

Spam are more consistent at playing better football that us and have a much better GD.

On our day we'll wipe the floor with them.

Question is...will it be our day?

They have the players and attitude to bully us all over the pitch. That comes from their manager. We have too many lightweights physically and in attitude. At full time I fully expect to hear the usual excuses.

3 points will not be a lay-down mesire, but will be the shot in the arm we need.

Spam are more consistent at playing better football that us and have a much better GD.

On our day we'll wipe the floor with them.

Question is...will it be our day?

Hod....I agree 'when we are on our day'...but when is the last time we have looked like that and wiped the floor with anyone?

I don't think this squad has that in them anymore. More accurately...I think some of them do...but too many don't. We are too 'average' in too many places. We still have a long way to go in this rebuild...in my opinion.

Here's another reason to beat Wet Spam tomorrow, cos of their racist fans, ok not all but a bloody lot of em, just seen on a social media site.....a picture of Adolf Hitler, with some quip, will not honour it, beside "Welcome you YID C***S to the Hammers tomorrow"

What is wrong with those twats, why so much purile hatred.

Hod....I agree 'when we are on our day'...but when is the last time we have looked like that and wiped the floor with anyone?

I don't think this squad has that in them anymore. More accurately...I think some of them do...but too many don't. We are too 'average' in too many places. We still have a long way to go in this rebuild...in my opinion.
I agree fully USA, wiping the floor against anyone is a bit of an oxymoron with this current Spurs team Hodd. Unpleasant fact but for the first time in decades, player for player West Ham are at least our equals.