20211021 ECL Match Thread - SBV Vitesse vs Tottenham Hotspur | Page 8 | Vital Football

20211021 ECL Match Thread - SBV Vitesse vs Tottenham Hotspur

Result?

• Win

Votes: 9 90.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Lose

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reading the posts over the past twenty four hours or so I've been surprised by the blame game that has emerged directed toward Nuno, Davies as captain, and the referee. This was a match that shamed the entire Club, and Dele, Winks, Lo Celso and Bergwijn to name but four were equally, if not more culpable than the previously three mentioned. Tanganga is the only player who escapes my criticism on the night.
Try as I may I cannot develop a mental picture of Lloris, if he had played, remonstrating with the referee over his decisions. Hugo saves his on pitch tantrums for crapping out our best player. Kane would no doubt have made a few noises, but only when decisions affected him personally.
Nuno hopefully will learn, he should have done already, that this two different eleven strategy just doesn't work. It is almost certainly divisive, and this eleven simply aren't good enough collectively to win matches.
That assumes of course that we have any particular desire to progress in this tournament.

I just want to say my comment on the kids was tongue in cheek , regarding the subs bench .
Just saying .
You don’t win anything with kids coming on to put right the failings of those on the pitch letting everything get to them , the crowd , the opposition tactics , the pitch , the ref .
How many more times are we going to play Scarlett and not give him any service .
If that is supposed to give him more confidence , I just don’t know ,he will get more confidence on loan at Leyton Orient.

I missed the first ten minutes of the match and didn’t realise Davies was Captain .
He deserves to be criticised for his game as well .
That is not the idea of a captain , he is not there just to toss the kin coin .

Naming that team , and having no plan B when it was all going tits up just isn’t good enough .
Unless of course they don’t give a Donald about going any further unless it happens by luck .

I am still a bit flabbergasted on how I guess we simply don't know how to rotate players so we can compete and be successful on multiple fronts. I do like the fact that Nuno was able to get some serious playing time for pretty much our entire second team...and now we know our second team is simply not that good either. (yay...)

I have said this many times...WIN SOMETHING. We are not winning the PL this year...hell probably not the next couple...those that think we will are delusional...but we can and should win or at least attempt to win one of these other cup ties. Focus on finishing around 6th in the PL and go win a few tourneys...that should be the near term goal until we can turnover a large chunk of this squad.

I fully understand that we are kind of going through a rebuild...though I honestly think we screwed that up already by not replacing the biggest flaw holding us back from moving forward...but whatever.

Guys...seriously...we are supposedly a massive club in one the best leagues in the world...we sure as hell don't look or act like it.

Wellll..... Win tomorrow and we will be 4th (<--- BEST league in the world), with 6 wins in 9 (same as Citeh), only Chelski has 7, 4pts off 1st.

Things might not be as Doom & Gloom as you're painting it out to be.

Also, do you really think we're not gonna make it out of the Euro group? Really? I didnt think so.

Wellll..... Win tomorrow and we will be 4th (<--- BEST league in the world), with 6 wins in 9 (same as Citeh), only Chelski has 7, 4pts off 1st.

Also, do you really think we're not gonna make it out of the Euro group? Really? I didnt think so.

Long season...~6th is still a very good finish in my opinion.

I do, even win it! every confidence, all going to plan.