2021 Summer Transfer Thread | Page 95 | Vital Football

2021 Summer Transfer Thread

Pretty much agree, fortunately any loanees from EPL clubs will have been playing and will be fit, there is the obvious issue of integrating them into our squad/team - but, good players (like Garner) can do that.

I don't think we'll make any big money signings, in fact I doubt many Championship sides (excluding those relegated from EPL) will - but, I do believe we are as well placed as most to be able to sign players.

Sadly, I just wonder (worry) whether CH may be forced into bringing Arter, Jenkinson, Bong & Bachirou in from the bomb squad, given the size of our squad?

I think if there were severe doubts about bring players in Arter and Bong would have been back in the squad by now getting some game time.

The players we are after in this Country will be mainly loans, which means we have to wait until the squads are submitted, and the players we want from abroad are subject to the usual haggling.

If I was forced to guess, I think we will get a couple in before the season starts and 4 or 5 more in the last week of the window.

I think if there were severe doubts about bring players in Arter and Bong would have been back in the squad by now getting some game time.

The players we are after in this Country will be mainly loans, which means we have to wait until the squads are submitted, and the players we want from abroad are subject to the usual haggling.

If I was forced to guess, I think we will get a couple in before the season starts and 4 or 5 more in the last week of the window.
And how many games will we have lost by then?

Pretty much agree, fortunately any loanees from EPL clubs will have been playing and will be fit, there is the obvious issue of integrating them into our squad/team - but, good players (like Garner) can do that.

I don't think we'll make any big money signings, in fact I doubt many Championship sides (excluding those relegated from EPL) will - but, I do believe we are as well placed as most to be able to sign players.

Sadly, I just wonder (worry) whether CH may be forced into bringing Arter, Jenkinson, Bong & Bachirou in from the bomb squad, given the size of our squad?
The only player I am really interested in seeing back is Carvalho. Where he plays and with the ability he has, this could be his chance to redeem himself and kick start his career.

I wouldn’t give big odds on it actually happening but i would like to think Hughton can get the best from him.

So we have crewe , Burnley and villa.

Then Coventry in the league and Bradford in the Cup.

First real challenge will be Bournemouth

The only player I am really interested in seeing back is Carvalho. Where he plays and with the ability he has, this could be his chance to redeem himself and kick start his career.

I wouldn’t give big odds on it actually happening but i would like to think Hughton can get the best from him.

Completely agree, JC is 24 now and has undoubted talent, but has found himself largely frozen out since Karanka's departure. A nasty pre-season injury didn't help.

We're crying out for creativity and you'd think JC could be the answer, but not in every game - I hope CH can truly get the best out of him, but whether he has the work rate and mentality to cope with the physicality of the Championship remains my biggest concern.

I'm not convinced about carvalho in the championship.

3 assists and no goals last year in Spain.

Always seems to fall out of favour or feel sad

I'm not convinced about carvalho in the championship.

3 assists and no goals last year in Spain.

Always seems to fall out of favour or feel sad
I don’t necessarily disagree but if you compare his figures in the Championship with Krovinovic, Freeman and Knockaert last season I would think he is as good as any of those were. If Hughton can get him firing it is potentially one less player we have to bring in.

I don’t necessarily disagree but if you compare his figures in the Championship with Krovinovic, Freeman and Knockaert last season I would think he is as good as any of those were. If Hughton can get him firing it is potentially one less player we have to bring in.
Hold on....

We are championing players as being roughly equal to players we acknowledge weren't good enough?

And that is now good enough?

Hold on....

We are championing players as being roughly equal to players we acknowledge weren't good enough?

And that is now good enough?
No we are saying that we have someone in our squad who is potentially better than any one of those three and at the very least the equal of them based on last seasons performance.

Carvalho is obviously going to be a player that Hughton will look at and if he thinks he is good enough that could be one position filled. Hughton is hardly going to do that if he doesn’t rate Carvalho though.

No we are saying that we have someone in our squad who is potentially better than any one of those three and at the very least the equal of them based on last seasons performance.

Carvalho is obviously going to be a player that Hughton will look at and if he thinks he is good enough that could be one position filled. Hughton is hardly going to do that if he doesn’t rate Carvalho though.
Yeah... But it's three. Down to one....

I dont think he will unfortunately.

I dont think he will unfortunately.
Judging by past actions he possibly or even probably won’t but it is worth a shot. We are paying him after all and he has to know that if he fails here then he will have to go down the leagues to come back up.

Yeah... But it's three. Down to one....

Hardly - all 3 just about combined to make 1.

Freeman barely featured and when he did, looked overweight - before then getting another injury in penultimate(?) game.

Krov was the best of the 3 - Knocky was just a disappointment!

Depends what happens with BJ, but he deserves his chance and is more often than not deployed as wide attacker.

JC is a no.10 - at 24 he HAS to realise his potential and hopefully, he will have that opportunity.

Lolley (hopefully now fit) & BJ are 2 good wingers at this level - but, we do need more.

Carvhlo looks to be more willing to put himself about, that's one positive that Hughton will like. Guys got talent if he can put in the effort to help close down he may come good, may see this as his last chance to impress and either earn a new contract or attract attention from a team higger up the ladder. If we aren't getting many signings he maybe our best option to be more attacking, clean slate new season he's not a kid any more let's hope he steps up.

Carvhlo looks to be more willing to put himself about, that's one positive that Hughton will like. Guys got talent if he can put in the effort to help close down he may come good, may see this as his last chance to impress and either earn a new contract or attract attention from a team higger up the ladder. If we aren't getting many signings he maybe our best option to be more attacking, clean slate new season he's not a kid any more let's hope he steps up.

The way we seem to set up under CH, with 2x DCMs - that should give JC licence to exploit the pockets of space and create.

Good with a deadball too - unfortunately, his heart/tenacity & application have not been that apparent.