2021 Summer Holidays ..... | Vital Football

2021 Summer Holidays .....

Vodapadi Beef Sache

Vital Squad Member
Finally made it to our oft postponed destination .....Forest Holidays place called DeerPark near Liskeard .... 8 hour journey 🙈....

Actually met a gills fan in one of the service stations on the way here who saw my Gills Pendant in the car...

Respect to any GFC fan who’s been to Plymouth away ..... that’s not far from here..... kin long slog .....

Like many its a staycation for me. Did a road trip through Wales the other week (Cardiff, Swansea and the Gower). Next weekend Bath, Poole and Portsmouth.

My facebook timeline just reminded that two years ago we were on our big European road trip through five German Stadiums.

Looking forward to getting back to Europe but happy to explore the UK this summer.

Finally made it to our oft postponed destination .....Forest Holidays place called DeerPark near Liskeard .... 8 hour journey 🙈....

Actually met a gills fan in one of the service stations on the way here who saw my Gills Pendant in the car...

Respect to any GFC fan who’s been to Plymouth away ..... that’s not far from here..... kin long slog .....
I live in Devon and it’s still nearly a two hour drive without leaving the county 😂

Our best back to Kent is about 4.30 hours.
Our worst is 11 hours.

Last edited:

Holiday in Looe often. Gran was from Pelynt. Vague memories from early childhood, but then nearly 30 year gap before staying over one night for work, then regular holidays ever since. Don’t like leaving two years between visits, but finances dictate.

Tends to be 5 1/2 to 6 hours of driving to get there from Rainham, via A303/A30.

I'm hoping to get to Ibiza for a few days with my friends.

Family holiday will be in the uk, it's too much hassle going abroad with young children at the moment.

I'm hoping to get to Ibiza for a few days with my friends.

Family holiday will be in the uk, it's too much hassle going abroad with young children at the moment.
I'm stuck here on the Med.
No realistic or practical chance of getting back to UK to see kids and grandchildren , or having them over here.
It's a total fcuk up.

I'm stuck here on the Med.
No realistic or practical chance of getting back to UK to see kids and grandchildren , or having them over here.
It's a total fcuk up.
It’s actually not.
International travel has been the main driver through the entire epidemic.
Stay put
Stay safe
If people stopped travelling except in exceptional circumstances, the virus would be easier to contain.
Still, some feel it’s essential to have a foreign holiday.
Go figure?

Our summer will be taking my 4 year old to London Zoo next Saturday (postponed from November) Thomas the Tank Engine Day Out (postponed from last summer) and taking our 8 year old to see Matilda the Musical (postponed from last christmas)