Football During Coronavirus Crisis | Page 154 | Vital Football

Football During Coronavirus Crisis

H139 all agreed, however injuries worry me most, especially after 100 days away from competitive matches.
All in all, glad it’s back in our hands (well at least while we sit in the drop zone), just think DS will need to play tactically and not burn out players like SJMcG too early.
Mind you think our chances of points are earlier if fixtures stay as planned, even LFC who will hopefully have already won the league at Citeh

Do you still need some kind of Sky subscription to get SS Mix, or is it available on Freeview? Doesn;t matter to me as I have Sky but just wondered for those that don't?

Think you may need some kind of basic Virgin/Sky package. Not sure whether they may make that particular channel or another one freely available via Now TV or Freeview for these games though. BT Sport have a channel on Freeview I think called Showcase.

My view on the return is bit like the infamous Boris stay alert tv update a couple of weeks ago.

I don't want to watch but I will watch. I am going to watch but I am not going to watch. I will not enjoy football being back but I might enjoy it in certain circumstances. I will deny being interested but will be interested. I will care but I will pretend i don't care. My rules and guidelines are open to my interpretation as I see fit depending upon whether we win. I must stay alert and protect the family Melon from my meltdowns when we lose but like a sunny beach during lockdown i know I will succumb to temptation to break my lockdown from football and AVFC.

I reckon we're in danger of talking ourselves down. This season hasn't been a universal disaster, far from it.

Take 1st December, when we drew at Man U, a good game and a fair result, and just over 1/2 way (14) on the games we've so far played. We were 15th on 15 points with a GD of -1. Only 3 teams out of the bottom 14 had a better GD. 3 points and a useful GD above the relegation zone.

Were we seriously worried? Maybe performances were a bit scrappy at times (but OK at others). But not doom and gloom.

Only 3 points from the 6 remaining December matches, and losing our last 4, has hit us hard. But we now have key players back. We aren't down yet.

My view on the return is bit like the infamous Boris stay alert tv update a couple of weeks ago.

I don't want to watch but I will watch. I am going to watch but I am not going to watch. I will not enjoy football being back but I might enjoy it in certain circumstances. I will deny being interested but will be interested. I will care but I will pretend i don't care. My rules and guidelines are open to my interpretation as I see fit depending upon whether we win. I must stay alert and protect the family Melon from my meltdowns when we lose but like a sunny beach during lockdown i know I will succumb to temptation to break my lockdown from football and AVFC.
Summed up brilliantly

I reckon we're in danger of talking ourselves down. This season hasn't been a universal disaster, far from it.

Take 1st December, when we drew at Man U, a good game and a fair result, and just over 1/2 way (14) on the games we've so far played. We were 15th on 15 points with a GD of -1. Only 3 teams out of the bottom 14 had a better GD. 3 points and a useful GD above the relegation zone.

Were we seriously worried? Maybe performances were a bit scrappy at times (but OK at others). But not doom and gloom.

Only 3 points from the 6 remaining December matches, and losing our last 4, has hit us hard. But we now have key players back. We aren't down yet.

If everyone wouldn't mind reaching under their chairs, you'll find I've sellotaped a pair of rose tinted glasses to the underside. Put them on.

We were amazing in pre season. These are basically pre season games if watching a bit of Bundesliga is anything to go by. We've got big McGinn back, who in form or not, was an absolutely enormous loss for us. He was our star player before be got injured, no one was talking about Grealish, everyone was talking about big John.

We are one of six or seven clubs with anything to play for. We are the only set of players that should be riled up and hungry to get some points on the board while other clubs will see this as a kick about, a few games to get out of the way before the season can wrap up.

We also have a manager that knows he was on the brink of a sacking before the pandemic. He has something to prove and now he has a fully fit squad to choose from rather than Grealish and 10 headless chickens, I think he will prove some of you wrong.

I'm excited. Bring on the 17th!

If everyone wouldn't mind reaching under their chairs, you'll find I've sellotaped a pair of rose tinted glasses to the underside. Put them on.

We were amazing in pre season. These are basically pre season games if watching a bit of Bundesliga is anything to go by. We've got big McGinn back, who in form or not, was an absolutely enormous loss for us. He was our star player before be got injured, no one was talking about Grealish, everyone was talking about big John.

We are one of six or seven clubs with anything to play for. We are the only set of players that should be riled up and hungry to get some points on the board while other clubs will see this as a kick about, a few games to get out of the way before the season can wrap up.

We also have a manager that knows he was on the brink of a sacking before the pandemic. He has something to prove and now he has a fully fit squad to choose from rather than Grealish and 10 headless chickens, I think he will prove some of you wrong.

I'm excited. Bring on the 17th!

Yes and I would be happy to finish in 17th.....could it be an omen or am I clutching at the proverbial straw?

I have to say at this point I don't care for the return and barely care what will happen to us. It just feels wrong to start football and it will be absolutely fucking shite to watch.

I'm certain this will change like the day before it all kicks off but right now I've totally lost my passion for the game.

I have to say at this point I don't care for the return and barely care what will happen to us. It just feels wrong to start football and it will be absolutely fucking shite to watch.

I'm certain this will change like the day before it all kicks off but right now I've totally lost my passion for the game.

I am still a little sceptical of it going ahead tbh. A spike will put paid to it , and that is a distinct possibility.

Yes what happens, especially with track and trace, when entire teams will have to self isolate for 2 weeks.

Maybe it's the way my mind works , but what if we had to win our last game to stay up and the day before some obsessed Small Heath fan said he had been in contact with Grealish . I presume he would have to isolate for 14 days according to the guidelines.

Its the same season though. And before the suspension we were bloody abysmal so its only natural that there is severe scepticism as to how we will do. I don't buy the 'it's like starting a new season' that I think Smith said previously. Its nothing like it. If it was like a new season, we would have new players, a kick from surviving and we wouldn't be in the bottom 3. And that's not even touching on the behind closed doors aspect and the complete departure from a normal match experience.

We always make things hard for ourselves and i will be interested to see what the behind closed doors table looks like at the end of the season. Odds on we will be the fannies who cope the worst in this situation.
Can anyone really see anything other than at best a skin of teeth survival (which I would totally take !) based on the evidence presented to us this season?
No.