2013/14 Pompey Player of the Season? | Vital Football

2013/14 Pompey Player of the Season?

pompeyrug

Alert Team
Who is your Pompey Player of the Season?

With only 20 options, some names from the squad have been missed off for obvious reasons!

<b>Danny Hollands</b> (who I think has been cracking) might not have been here long but I have included him instead of <b>Therry Racon</b>, who has not really done much.

<b>Michael Drennan</b> has not played much, he has played a key part in the run-in mind, and not long arrived so I decided to leave him out and as well as <b>Jack Whatmough</b> has done he has played too few games as has <b>Ryan Bird</b>.

Nothing personal on ANY left out but 20 names is all I could add...

Cast this vote wisely as you only get the one!

The results of the poll are hidden until you cast a vote, so unless you login and vote you will not know the score... well unless it is spoken about in the thread of course.

Its a hard one in many respects because there have been so many different twists and turns to the season. Apart from the goalkeeper I can't really vote for anyone before AA era. During the current upward surge Ricky Holmes gets my vote.

Agreed FACT, on the whole most of my thoughts on 'best player' come from the past 4-weeks or so.

IF voting based on that I think I could easily go for Fogden or Hollands.

Wallace has been consistently inconsistent but after a poor start he was blinding, was poor again, picked up again, was poor and so on... Really is difficult, had Ferry been fit all season it could have been him?

Taylor works really hard too.

I think I am between Carson, Holmes, Fogden, Wallace and Taylor...

I was torn between Carson & Wallace, but have gone for Wallace cos he has been playing for the whole season, he is top goal scorer even though he has played out wide a lot, he has been inconsistant at times but he is still only a teenager (I think) :69:

Has to be tricky Ricky Holmes for me. He is fast and entertaining, a pleasure to watch. He can unlock defences.

If there was a runner-up spot I would go for Jack Whatmough who has been a tower in defence and should be in the vote.

I've gone for Carson. Reasonably consistently good throughout the season.

One or two blunders, but until recently he had a shaky defence in front of him.

Voted for Carson, but for some unknown reason its saying I've voted but hasn't shown in the total... I do hope there isn't any jiggery pokery going on here... :69: ha ha.

Carsons been worth a good 8 points to us this season in my opinion. We were on a hiding to nothing with Sullivan and Smith in goal. Like Blue says... (one or two blunders) but overall pretty damn consistent, and more to the point... on top of his game when needed.

Ok, he's no Jamo, but who is. Keepers are bit like drummers in a band I always think. Nobody really notices them until they do something wrong. A very, very important cog in the wheel...

Carson... :35:

I can't really give a vote as I haven't been since the Exeter game so think I best leave it. And as Rug says really I could only base it on the past few weeks the rest was the worst nightmare in living memory

Finally cast my vote... He has been up and down but for some moments of pure brilliance I eventually went with Wallace.

Think it will be Carson tho tbh, even it it does not go that way with this poll :14:

Good to see a decent amount of votes cast...

I will close the voting on this on Friday early evening so I can work on an article as I travel ready to roll out Friday night/Saturday morning.

Johnny Ertl anyone?

Went for Wallace, as he has been brilliant at times (not often enough though Jed!), despite being awful at others.

But that has been Pompey all season. At times Holmes has been brilliant, but at others absent. Carson the same.

Perhaps Carson has been a 6/10 for most of the season, whereas others have been mostly 2/10 & occasionally 9/10.

A tricky one to find anyone worthy this year I'm afraid!

Whatmough brought stabillity when desperately needed. Not suited to this vote but, turned depression to cheer.

Glad to see RH getting the nod for this award. Jed being the only other candidate popped-up with the odd goal but generally speaking pooped-out for much of the entire season. Think that's why no one came in for him in January. Ricky Holmes however was frequently the stand-out player of the match, created things and made things happen and was for me the Player of the Season.

<b><i>Sorry its a bit late (went up front page, but here is a copy for the forum too...)</b></i>

-----

Well the votes are in, they have been counted an verified with the forum vote to determine the VP player of the season now known...

Upon the closure of the vote, which had run all week until mid-afternoon on Friday, the chosen one was <b><font color='#0E4FB0'>Ricky Holmes</font></b>.

<a style="color:#0E4FB0" href="http://www.portsmouth.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=18281" target="blank"><b>To view the player of the season thread – click here</b></a>.

<b>2013/14 Pompey Player of the Season?</b>
Ricky Holmes [42.86%]
Trevor Carson [28.57%]
Jed Wallace [28.57%]
Bondz N'Gala [0%]
Danny East [0%]
Joe Devera [0%]
Sonny Bradley [0%]
Marcos Painter [0%]
Daniel Alfei [0%]
Nicky Shorey [0%]
Ben Chorley [0%]
Andy Barcham [0%]
Romain Padovani [0%]
Johnny Ertl [0%]
Simon Ferry [0%]
Wes Fogden [0%]
Danny Hollands [0%]
Ryan Taylor [0%]
Patrick Agyemang [0%]
Jake Jervis [0%]

Like I said in the forum thread some names had to be omitted, those will be for obvious reasons, others were unlucky not to make it but with little involvement could we really look to them?

All in all, lets face it, the past 4 or 5-weeks aside it has been hard, on a consistent basis to really pick out a standout performer this season and we will all hope that next season can not only give more options for this but see a much better season too.

If these recent weeks are anything to go by then it will be and we could have plenty of options to look at – I just hope that some of these standout players, including a certain Charlton loanee, will still be here...

I am not against Sherlock winning this at all, I must make this clear, but must say that my personal vote went to <b><font color='#0E4FB0'>Jed Wallace</font></b>.

Yep, I know he has blown hot and cold, being either exceptional or pretty poor but lets face it he is not alone on that score is he.

Wallace got my vote as those moments of brilliance have been truly outstanding with some of them worthy of gracing any pitch in the world – the Plymouth game is likely to be the last time that we witness his talents though, right?

Anyway, Holmes has had a good season.

I think that he has really come into his own in the closing weeks of the season when it has mattered most, both on and off the pitch, so selecting someone that has been with us for the duration is the right call and some of the VP clan that voted have spoken.

We will find out on Saturday who the official player of the season is, most people think that this could be him but is more likely to be <b><font color='#0E4FB0'>Trevor Carson</font></b>...

Thoughts?

<a style="color:#0E4FB0" href="http://twitter.com/vitalportsmouth " target="blank"><b>Follow @VitalPortsmouth</b></a>.

PLAY UP POMPEY!

<b><I>Vital Pompey always wants blogs, so if can offer us something we would love to share it with the masses!

To email your own unique article/blog for publishing</b> <a href="mailto:portsmouth@vitalfootball.co.uk"><font color="#0E4FB0"><b>***CLICK HERE***</font></b></a></I>

Hopefully next season there will be a few more players here all season to make it a lot easier, cos its difficult to make a decision when some of the best have only been here for a few months.