£20 to renew using a debit card? | Vital Football

£20 to renew using a debit card?

Pompeytim

Vital 1st Team Regular
Sorry to reopen this debate, and expect you all picked up on this subtlety, but I was filled with a sense of bonhomie this morning & tempted to renew my 3 season tickets on-line this morning, accepting that a credit card cost another £20 each (so £60 down the pan).

This is because credit card companies charge the seller a chunk.

I'm lucky enough to have the cash available so felt happy I could dodge the credit card fees & use my debit card.

However, I was shocked to see it was the same cost for debit cards as credit cards. Normally transaction fees for debit cards are tiny & hence no extra cost to the customer.

So I either have to stomach £60, take a wedge of bank notes to Fratton Park or head back to the 1980s & dig out my cheque book!

Of course I'll cut the Trust some slack this season, but bloody hell. That is pretty poor!

Anyway, rant over. Will need to send in a cheque as I don't imagine I will be in Portsmouth until the season starts.

they did say they would try to sort this out but yep dusted off the cheque book and a trip to the park to renew my 2, do not think the banks are trusting the Trust still