20/21 Match thread - Leeds United FC vs Tottenham Hotspur - PL | Page 14 | Vital Football

20/21 Match thread - Leeds United FC vs Tottenham Hotspur - PL

Result

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Makes you wonder what Bielsa would do with a better squad. Doubt he would tolerate Levy though.

But money does talk.

Went pretty much as expected. Our lazy egotistical overrated players where never going to beat a hungry aggressive team.

Same shit different day. How anyone thinks Aurier or Dier are good enough I'll never know.

If we have to sell Kane to rebuild so be it. His ego is costing us now. Nobody has the balls to stand up to him.

Fair play to Leeds, decent team with a exciting manager.

Makes you wonder what Bielsa would do with a better squad. Doubt he would tolerate Levy though.

But money does talk.

Went pretty much as expected. Our lazy egotistical overrated players where never going to beat a hungry aggressive team.

Same shit different day. How anyone thinks Aurier or Dier are good enough I'll never know.

If we have to sell Kane to rebuild so be it. His ego is costing us now. Nobody has the balls to stand up to him.

Fair play to Leeds, decent team with a exciting manager.

you are implying we have the better squad with this comment mate....I do not think we do!

you are implying we have the better squad with this comment mate....I do not think we do!

I think we do technically. But if a players attitude sucks it doesn't matter much. Today proved that.

Once fans are allowed back in stadiums we should start to generate money and should be able to compete again in the transfer market.

It's going to take a few years though.

Their keeper impressed me. Ayling is a good player and their captain, Harrison and Dallas dominated out wide. Bamford is pushing for an England call up. Kalvin Phillips is emerging and well thought of. Potentially 6 players off the top of my head could be good enough for us without me even trying.

If I were Mason, I would get the analysis team to get the evidence together and lay it all out there to the group.

I would especially expose the England, Wales and South Korean captains for what they really were today, and in lots of other games.

Going through the motions is not acceptable at this level.

Saying Mason was naive is crazy. Leeds are known for being leaky at the back so going into the game with a positive lineup wasn't a bad idea.

The difference was Bamford for large portions of the game. His hold up play was excellent, he worked his socks off and his off-ball movement was very, very good. Bamford kept helping others get up the pitch and join the attack. Compare that to Kane who half-heartedly battled against their CBs, kept losing the ball and jogged around rather than pressing.

Hojbjerg was continuously out of position. I saw Dele slot back into the defence more times than Hojbjerg today when someone was pulled out of position.

Mason was tactically out done today but I expected that against Bielsa. What cannot be excused was our vice captain only thinking about himself and doing nothing to lead the team out on the pitch. And Hojbjerg spends more time telling other people where to be whilst being in poor positions himself. These two are meant to be leaders!!! And Dier really made himself look a tool today when it was only last week he moaned about getting blame for mistakes too much. I have no idea what he was doing for their first goal and he was daydreaming for their second.

Our entire out-field spine (except Dele in the first half) were dreadful today. Leeds were fantastic though.

Saying Mason was naive is crazy. Leeds are known for being leaky at the back so going into the game with a positive lineup wasn't a bad idea.

The difference was Bamford for large portions of the game. His hold up play was excellent, he worked his socks off and his off-ball movement was very, very good. Bamford kept helping others get up the pitch and join the attack. Compare that to Kane who half-heartedly battled against their CBs, kept losing the ball and jogged around rather than pressing.

Hojbjerg was continuously out of position. I saw Dele slot back into the defence more times than Hojbjerg today when someone was pulled out of position.

Mason was tactically out done today but I expected that against Bielsa. What cannot be excused was our vice captain only thinking about himself and doing nothing to lead the team out on the pitch. And Hojbjerg spends more time telling other people where to be whilst being in poor positions himself. These two are meant to be leaders!!! And Dier really made himself look a tool today when it was only last week he moaned about getting blame for mistakes too much. I have no idea what he was doing for their first goal and he was daydreaming for their second.

Our entire out-field spine (except Dele in the first half) were dreadful today. Leeds were fantastic though.

Yep, Kane is a massive issue at the moment. He needs sitting down and having it spelt out to him in single syllables.

England wouldn't miss him if he wasn't in the line-up on recent performances. He's going through the motions.

Their keeper impressed me. Ayling is a good player and their captain, Harrison and Dallas dominated out wide. Bamford is pushing for an England call up. Kalvin Phillips is emerging and well thought of. Potentially 6 players off the top of my head could be good enough for us without me even trying.

So of all the Leeds oplayers we could have goine for we went for Jack clark...whats happened to him then?

Mason admitted he saw no reason to change the team that beat Sheffield. That's naive. They did well, so pick them again. !! Sheffield had nothing to play for, already demoted, they had no intensity or fight.

Leeds are a different proposition. It was naive to think the same players who beat Sheffield could do the same against Leeds.

England wouldn't miss him if he wasn't in the line-up on recent performances. He's going through the motions.
I said it during the game today, he's the England official penalty taker!. He won the WC golden boot due to penalties, otherwise he was average at best. Like at Spurs, he'll be an auto pick for England and unless he's able to use the Euro's as a shop window and perform, he'll be slated. Best close his social media accounts before the Euro's.
What cannot be excused was our vice captain only thinking about himself and doing nothing to lead the team out on the pitch
He's been below par for nearly half the season. Unless he steals the glory, his work rate and leadership have really gone downhill. Despite what Xvausch and Ex think, all the signs are there that he wants out...... imo.

I said it during the game today, he's the England official penalty taker!. He won the WC golden boot due to penalties, otherwise he was average at best. Like at Spurs, he'll be an auto pick for England and unless he's able to use the Euro's as a shop window and perform, he'll be slated. Best close his social media accounts before the Euro's.

He's been below par for nearly half the season. Unless he steals the glory, his work rate and leadership have really gone downhill. Despite what Xvausch and Ex think, all the signs are there that he wants out...... imo.
Didn't see the game but I have been saying for a good while that far too often Harry plays for himself. He comes alive when a potential goal beckons. He often takes free kicks he has no right to take. On his day he is absolutely an asset...but he needs to ensure he gives everything every time he p!ays. He will stroll around far far too often, a lot of clubs will surely notice that about him. Shame really cos as I say when he is on it...he is really on it.

Defensively we were a shambles again... go figure. The usual suspects so nothing new there then.

I really feel for Hugo at the moment. With the likes of Aurier & Dier in attendance, what chance does he have?

Just when we needed a strong MF, Lo Celso lost possession 19 times. We needed Winks in there for a game where attrition was obvious. Hojbjerg had little help. We needed an extra man more like not an underperforming one.

Defensively we were a shambles again... go figure. The usual suspects so nothing new there then.

I really feel for Hugo at the moment. With the likes of Aurier & Dier in attendance, what chance does he have?

Jose knew our defence was not good enough and said as much by calling out individual errors. He also tried to protect it by asking the other players to defend but they didn't like it.

Jose knew our defence was not good enough and said as much by calling out individual errors. He also tried to protect it by asking the other players to defend but they didn't like it.
If we continue with the usual suspects, we'll only have ourselves to blame.

Our defending has cost us dear this season. Many have placed it on Jose's unwillingness to open up. I point the blame squarely on the players who have let us down... badly.

Didn't see the game but I have been saying for a good while that far too often Harry plays for himself. He comes alive when a potential goal beckons. He often takes free kicks he has no right to take. On his day he is absolutely an asset...but he needs to ensure he gives everything every time he p!ays. He will stroll around far far too often, a lot of clubs will surely notice that about him. Shame really cos as I say when he is on it...he is really on it.

Problem is, we now have Kane, Bale and Sonny doing it at the same time, especially in away games. They all come alive when we have an attack and provide nothing defensively.

Kane's best performance this year was the first game against CIty in the league. The guy was everywhere. Pep isn't stupid though. He will know that Harry did that to impress him as a potential buyer. The problem for Harry is that Pep's players show that type of effort EVERY game. Harry, like Son and Bale, think that scoring and assisting justifies not doing the other side of the game. They forget how intelligent football fans are and that they can see this stuff. Just like Harry's technique for free-kicks where the ball rises, not dips.

I can also see the strong argument that Jose didn't get his squad fit enough for a Prem battle. Even Bamford implied it in one of the interviews yesterday.

"We know we are a fitter team than them"

Jus shows how other teams things about Spurs.