20/21 Match thread - Arsenal FC vs Tottenham Hotspur - PL | Page 17 | Vital Football

20/21 Match thread - Arsenal FC vs Tottenham Hotspur - PL

Result?

• Win

Votes: 9 64.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Lose

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Having now read all the posts and I agree, there is only one problem at Spurs....It is JM full stop, he is only in this for his own rep, couldn't care less about anyone else.
I will give Ex his dues he has been saying this for how long?

Everyman Tom, Dick or Harry and his dog can see front foot attacking football is our forte, we will score more than you every time.

Someone said earlier "get us a Trophy and get out" ok we have a Trophy, but he will have the bragging rights, sorry couldn't careless, Trophy or not get the fcuk out of my club.

Jose would alienate the whole team if he was blaming them unfairly for negative tactics. He knows his time would be over, if he lied like that. No one on here seems to want to believe him. I believe him. If we are subjected to constant fouls when going forward and opposition players go unbooked (and they always do go unbooked for at least 70 minutes) then the flow of play will inevitably be coming back at you and our ten men will be pinned in their own half. This may appear to be deliberate tactics, but I assure you it is not; we have no choice when the ref is ensuring most free kicks go to the opposition.

Timbo, you're free to believe him, but he gets paid £15 mill a year tp send those players out tactically and mentally prepared and to have shown and discussed with his player what his game plan is - if he didn't he is incompetent, if he did (as Lloris has implied) he sent them out unprepared with a negative mindset.

As for the ref, I've never ever heard the excuse that it was the ref's fault that we played in our own half for almost 75 mins. I'll have to go and think about why it's always us that suffers like this?!!.....ok, I have thought about it; and nope I can't blame the ref for that., I wonder who else it could be?!

Jose would alienate the whole team if he was blaming them unfairly for negative tactics. He knows his time would be over, if he lied like that. No one on here seems to want to believe him. I believe him. If we are subjected to constant fouls when going forward and opposition players go unbooked (and they always do go unbooked for at least 70 minutes) then the flow of play will inevitably be coming back at you and our ten men will be pinned in their own half. This may appear to be deliberate tactics, but I assure you it is not; we have no choice when the ref is ensuring most free kicks go to the opposition.
Timbo agree with you regards the way opposition teams get away with blue murder, deliberate fouls of the dark arts.

I do not agree what you said about JM though, I believe he is using our oppositions "dark art" tactics as way to excuse himself and his long dead tactics.

Having now read all the posts and I agree, there is only one problem at Spurs....It is JM full stop, he is only in this for his own rep, couldn't care less about anyone else.
I will give Ex his dues he has been saying this for how long?

Everyman Tom, Dick or Harry and his dog can see front foot attacking football is our forte, we will score more than you every time.

Someone said earlier "get us a Trophy and get out" ok we have a Trophy, but he will have the bragging rights, sorry couldn't careless, Trophy or not get the fcuk out of my club.

Not the only problem, but the biggest problem by a country mile.

I wouldn't even entertain the thought of him managing us in the final. He doesn't deserve it and actually only beat Chelsea on penalties to get there anyway.

Do you know something every time we get beat playing like we did out comes the same ole same ole! we as fans with our opinions, some right some wrong, are in a never ending circle story, trouble is nobody is listening.

I wonder what would be said if we played front foot all out attacking football? but lost some....oh I know! Happyish fanbase.

Not the only problem, but the biggest problem by a country mile.

I wouldn't even entertain the thought of him managing us in the final. He doesn't deserve it and actually only beat Chelsea on penalties to get there anyway.
Ah but! muttley we still beat them, that's what history shows lol!
Agreed regards the Final.

Do you know something every time we get beat playing like we did out comes the same ole same ole! we as fans with our opinions, some right some wrong, are in a never ending circle story, trouble is nobody is listening.

I wonder what would be said if we played front foot all out attacking football? but lost some....oh I know! Happyish fanbase.

I'll fight for and argue for any manager that sets a team up to display the right fight and mentality and a pattern of play that shows we tried, I'm sick of jose approach - it's old fashioned and it's day has gone, everyone is wise to his predictability now.

I'll fight for and argue for any manager that sets a team up to display the right fight and mentality and a pattern of play that shows we tried, I'm sick of jose approach - it's old fashioned and it's day has gone, everyone is wise to his predictability now.
Ex you answered my query exactly as I expected, we are all in the same boat and all agree there.

So what exactly was the penalty given for yesterday?

Dermot Gallagher said today that it shouldn't have been awarded because Lacazette had miscued the shot long before Sanchez made contact. He went on to say that from the angle Oliver saw the incident, it would have appeared that Sanchez kicked Lacazette and on that basis awarded the penalty. VAR couldn't intervene because it would be 're-refereeing' the incident which Oliver had said he had a clear view of. Therefore it wasn't a clear and obvious error. But if Oliver hadn't seen the incident clearly, and missed the key part of the 'infringement', how is that not a clear and obvious error? It's exactly the type of scenario you would want VAR to intervene.

On the other hand, I've read numerous media views which argue that irrespective of whether Lacazette air kicked the ball before Sanchez's contact, Sanchez's follow through was reckless and dangerous and the penalty should have been awarded on that basis.

Do you know what, I cant be bothered with this shit we are getting served up anymore. I was so angry yesterday and ended up winding myself up more and more by evaluating the performances, the tactics, the substitutions. My conclusion comes back to Mourinho pure and simple!! Whilst he is in charge then i'm now resigned to the fact it is going to be this way more often than not. Yes we might fluke a trophy (unlikely but not impossible). He will continue to blame everyone but himself whenever things go wrong and it will be like that until he goes.

Do you know what, I cant be bothered with this shit we are getting served up anymore. I was so angry yesterday and ended up winding myself up more and more by evaluating the performances, the tactics, the substitutions. My conclusion comes back to Mourinho pure and simple!! Whilst he is in charge then i'm now resigned to the fact it is going to be this way more often than not. Yes we might fluke a trophy (unlikely but not impossible). He will continue to blame everyone but himself whenever things go wrong and it will be like that until he goes.
Spot on rackny.

In Jose, I trust. In all refs, VAR refs, commentators and pundits I despair as to why they hate us so much when we have won nothing for decades.

Looking at our front three touches in this game:

Son. 20 mins played...4 yep 4 touches

Bale 56 plsyed....22 touches

Jane 96 played...27 touches

Text Bale was kinda singled out....