2 little ducks. | Vital Football

2 little ducks.

GRSGimmer

Vital Squad Member
We are ball number 22 in tonight's televised live FA Cup round 2 draw (7 pm BBC2) as the nation is gripped with excitement awaiting our next opponents after we hammer Pools in the replay.

At least Brackley aren't in it.

I'm thinking we'll get Sunderland away.

Mind you, I doubt we'll get past the Pools anyhow. I'm reckoning another 0-0 draw and they win 4-1 on penalties.

Forever the optimist.

Sutton has an artificial pitch and are pretty useful. So Slough to win the replay (at Slough) then we progress into the third round - Man City away. You just gotta love the FA Cup......

Non-league teams in round one and two. You can't ask for much more than that in terms of chance to progress to money spinning third round draw. Unfortunately club, fans or players don't seem that bothered about the FA cup (again) so it doesn't really matter.

I am not convinced that we will beat Hartlepool for the same reasons that we didn't beat Carlisle or Brackley.

Feel like an opportunity lost to me .

If we can't get past two non-league teams to mix it with the big boys in Round 3, then we don't deserve it. Our Cup record since relegation from the Championship has been abysmal, so I don't expect us to be in the next draw sadly.

We must believe that we will fare better at Hartlepool than we did on Saturday. It's a good draw really if we do what we need to and I'm coming round after the disappointment and starting to believe. Man City? A bit too scary for me so I'd fancy a trip to West Ham, Liverpool, or Cardiff, all new grounds for me and we might get a bit of a crowd at any of them.

Despite our shortcomings and mixed form this season, we are much better than any of Hartlepools, Sutton or Slough and should easily beat them - no excuses at all for getting through to R3 and getting a chance of a crack at the big boys (and potential money spinner - to add to prize funds and R3 boost, were we to get to R2, it must be a gimme for a live TV match). However, would I put any money on us getting through (and I am a betting man)? No way!

"Should" be better Steve.

Like we should have been better than Carlisle, Brackley and the other tiny northern team in recent years.

We are just so inconsistent that it is hard to predict.

We should beat hartlepool but let's be honest no one will be surprised if we roll over and go out on a whimper.

Steve's right of course. 9 times out of 10 we should beat all 3 of them. However that odd 1 time that we lose seems to defy all carefully calculated statistics!

How many times out of ten do you think we would ‘easily’ best such teams? I’d venture no more than two, scraping through in five and going out in three. Even that’s better than recent history would suggest.

If anyone has any stats on League One vs National League in the Cup I’d be interested to see them.

"Should" be better Steve.

Like we should have been better than Carlisle, Brackley and the other tiny northern team in recent years.

We are just so inconsistent that it is hard to predict.

We should beat hartlepool but let's be honest no one will be surprised if we roll over and go out on a whimper.

We should have beaten all of those teams and didn't, hence my comment that I would in no way be on it (or predict it), which doesn't change the fact that we should beat them