13 Years Ago Today | Vital Football

13 Years Ago Today

SeasideEssexXile

Vital Football Legend
Our second LDV success at the Millstad.

Gnashers left out for McMoan junior :anger: :anger:

On this day in 2004, Blackpool maintained their 100% record at the Millennium Stadium by winning the LDV Vans Trophy for the second time in three seasons. The Seasiders outclassed Division Three side Southend United to lift the trophy after their 2-0 win, with John Murphy and Danny Coid bagging the goals

Steve McMahon's side got off to the perfect start against Southend when John Murphy put them into the lead inside two minutes. Southend were restricted to long-range efforts on goal as Blackpool dominated possession for long periods. And the Seasiders gained their reward when defender Danny Coid buried Mike Sheron's cross on 55 minutes. Murphy took advantage of a fortunate deflection from Tony Dinning's shot to control the ball on his chest and sweep the ball past Darryl Flahavan in the Southend goal.
The final was watched by a crowd of 34,031.

Every day being the first day of the rest of your life,better by far to be happy rather than sad.....Not always possible of course but make the best of what you have ...... :tup:

" If you kiss the boot that kicks you,
Then you'll never feel the lash,
And if you crawl along the ground,
At least you'll never crash."

I wonder whom the poet had in mind ? Prem ? I expect you think all the fans deserved to be sued?

Bear1951 - 22/3/2017 08:45

" If you kiss the boot that kicks you,
Then you'll never feel the lash,
And if you crawl along the ground,
At least you'll never crash."

I wonder whom the poet had in mind ? Prem ? I expect you think all the fans deserved to be sued?
Reverse that Bear, do you think any fan should be sued ?

You answer first. :tophat:

I can't understand the difference between what some fans who were sued wrote and what was written by national media who were not sued. Can you explain that as the second part of your homework?

I do not wish to keep returning to the past, some fans may have been guilty of bad judgement and a warning shot across the bows would have been the wisest course of action.....

premier 1 - 22/3/2017 10:42

I do not wish to keep returning to the past, some fans may have been guilty of bad judgement and a warning shot across the bows would have been the wisest course of action.....

Presumably none of the Oyston family executed their responsibilities to the club and community in anything other than a diligent manner and no Oyston ever behaved provocatively to fans?

" A warning shot across the bows " Doesn't that just about sum him up ? .... Always has and always will be a Oyston rs licker !

Bear1951 - 22/3/2017 11:31

premier 1 - 22/3/2017 10:42

Presumably none of the Oyston family executed their responsibilities to the club and community in anything other than a diligent manner and no Oyston ever behaved provocatively to fans?
You know the answer to your own questions,or should do !

nodrogaty - 22/3/2017 12:03

" A warning shot across the bows " Doesn't that just about sum him up ? .... Always has and always will be a Oyston rs licker !

Sacrilegious enough that is, but he also takes their side over the legend that is Keith Southern.
There's no fool like an old doffer!

Doh! That was one of your most brainless posts ever. You uncritically accepted the Gazette's reporting of the official gate without checking the readily available photographic evidence and in passing disparaged a true Pool legend. Shame on you. When will you realise that the official gate figures are often far higher than the numbers in the ground ? :crazy:

Photographs oh Teacher ,depend on when they are taken, angle etc depending on what propaganda you wish to support......Shame on You....

So the camera pans around the ground but it depends on which angle its taken from ? Thick as a whale sausage. Easy to see who's propaganda he prefers. :lash: :lol: :crazy:

nodrogaty - 22/3/2017 21:57

So the camera pans around the ground but it depends on which angle its taken from ? Thick as a whale sausage. Easy to see who's propaganda he prefers. :lash: :lol: :crazy:
Depends on time I.e. .... ...during the match not prior or at the interval...