Kkk kulture
Burning of political figures cut outs
Burning of palestinian flags
Burning of irish flags
Use of confederate flags to intimdate nearby black families
Homophobia
Trusting "muslims to go to the shops" for them
Banding around signs saying "taigs will be crucified" whilst holding batons
Hoisting of flags on every conceivable location near main roads or on interfaces-basically to make sure its visible to 'the others' or anybody who's not them.
Damaging road signs, pavements, road lining even near hospitals
Making bonfires near housing(so residents need moved out and their homes fire proofed, at tax payers expense) near a motorway(so road signs needed fire protecting at tax payers expense)
Building bonfires in the middle of the road...yes! The middle of the road!!
Putting tyres on bonfires, even after everyone was told they wouldnt. Police confiscate them then they magically reappaer and go unnoticed despite being only a few hundred meters from police stations.
Stealing tyres from lorry companies causing thousands of pounds of damages.
Paramilitary flags everywhere
Cries of "fuck all fenians" as the bonfires are lit
Young men mugged and glassed for walking in the streets
50Year old men near beaten to death by youths simply for being a catholic in a loyalist town(with a burger king style crown roundabout).
Complaints about decades old houses being built near bonfires(yep you read that right)
"Shared space areas" filled with loyalist items

Yep orange "culture" is a wonderful thing. And this is before we even get to mention nonsense about the parades and the government has to pay for policing of a caravan site for several years because their "parade wasnt able to get home"

On the bright side it makes for some hilarious reading on facebook seeing the posts from these loyalist pages. Makes the average jeremy kyle guest seem like a genuis

Oh forgot to add the Gaa toos that get burnt aswell as the celtic shirts etc.

Then there's the one that amuses me the most. A bonfire north of belfast (in county antrim) burnt a county antrim flag. Now who's going to tell them that the county system was introduced by the english! So they are burning the system they so desperately claim to love..

I don't understand how someone, no matter where they come form in the world can irk people so much. this is what happens when children are brought up to hate others from day one.

Spurfect11 - 13/7/2015 09:22

I don't understand how someone, no matter where they come form in the world can irk people so much. this is what happens when children are brought up to hate others from day one.

IT's dumb and stupid, but believe me, both sides are as stupid and bigoted as each other. The nationalists are still planting bombs and all the time they're doing that, you see fcukwits dressed as above.

Ex, yes there are some, but very very few, dissident republicans that are capable of the odd bomb scare but lets put things in perspective. The numbers are very lopsided when comparing the dissidents to the number of bitter orangemen. Its not as simple as 'theyre both at it'

meee93 - 13/7/2015 11:17

Ex, yes there are some, but very very few, dissident republicans that are capable of the odd bomb scare but lets put things in perspective. The numbers are very lopsided when comparing the dissidents to the number of bitter orangemen. Its not as simple as 'theyre both at it'

How many attempted bombings and killings have the dissidents tried in the last 5 years - it's far far more than I suspect you realise it is.

Sorry, having spent enough time there in both work related and family related no one will convince me otherwise exactly what the nationalists fringe are and what they'll still capable of.

This is about the Orange order. NOT the nationalist community and the dissident republicans.

This is about jaw-dropping hatred (by the Northern Irish Orange Order) toward a people (the Irish people).You don't have to be convinced Ex. The images and text are there for the World to witness. This is the flagship (pardon the pun) day, of an all-year-round bigotry toward the Irish people, by the Orange 'culture'.

There should be no place for it in society. Despite your claims that it is countless bombings and killings by republicans, which cause these poor desperate people to retaliate with the pig-vomit they exude on the 12th.
Until it ends, or is made illegal, for it's obvious goading.
It's not about celebrating any 'Culture'. It's about showing how much they can hate a people.

Show me where that should be allowed in today's world??

Galvin's Shinpads - 13/7/2015 14:56

This is about the Orange order. NOT the nationalist community and the dissident republicans.

This is about jaw-dropping hatred (by the Northern Irish Orange Order) toward a people (the Irish people).You don't have to be convinced Ex. The images and text are there for the World to witness. This is the flagship (pardon the pun) day, of an all-year-round bigotry toward the Irish people, by the Orange 'culture'.

There should be no place for it in society. Despite your claims that it is countless bombings and killings by republicans, which cause these poor desperate people to retaliate with the pig-vomit they exude on the 12th.
It's not about celebrating any 'Culture'. It's about showing how much they can hate a people.

It has transcended into hatred, from what was originally about celebrating the heritage and culture of their background which they have every right to do, because of the poor handling of situations from the government. The flag debacle, marching not being allowed by the parades commission. It has caused many to go into a defensive stance and make the most of their own situation.

Now i am a member of the protestant community, with a catholic wife but i don't condone what happens on the bonfires. However turn the other cheek and there is messages on the mountains outside belfast 24/7 and these people get riled up by it and retaliate.

Narrow minded people who wont forget the past are too blame from both sides, education and the younger generation not growing up in hatred is the only way to ever change this mess of a situation.

rk_ni - 18/7/2015 13:42

It has transcended into hatred, from what was originally about celebrating the heritage and culture of their background which they have every right to do, because of the poor handling of situations from the government. The flag debacle, marching not being allowed by the parades commission. It has caused many to go into a defensive stance and make the most of their own situation.

Now i am a member of the protestant community, with a catholic wife but i don't condone what happens on the bonfires. However turn the other cheek and there is messages on the mountains outside belfast 24/7 and these people get riled up by it and retaliate.

Narrow minded people who wont forget the past are too blame from both sides, education and the younger generation not growing up in hatred is the only way to ever change this mess of a situation.

Sorry rk_ni, but this has gone beyond "celebrating the heritage and culture of their background".
It's the very same ever year and at the very least, costs the tax-payer heavily on policing and general clean-up after the mayhem has ensued.
For months beforehand, the tension is lethal.
It has surely become a human rights issue at this stage. As no Northern Irish person, or Irish people in general, should have to suffer the discrimination and insults this sorry excuse for tradition exudes.

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/opinion/columnists/liam-clarke/twelfth-2015-belfast-violence-leaves-the-orange-order-badly-wounded-31379939.html

rk_ni is right and to some extent Galvin so are you - but the simple lesson that's still not being learnt in NI is that pressure constantly being applied by one side or another leads to extremism and pushback.

I'm aware of the tension, but you know there was a time when Catholics used to actually enjoy the party atmosphere and would even partake in it as they saw it for what it was - of course that's all been poisoned now.

As for the a 'Human Rights' issue - both sides suffer these contraventions all the time, I know the full extent of what goes on by the fringe elements on both sides based on direct family experience... it's catch 22, if the nationalists end their attempts at maiming and fatal violence only then will the extremist fringe fcukwits on the otherside cool down - and of course vice-versa.

The key is community engagement and talks - continuous talks and continuous engagement, not the retrenchments that are again beginning to happen in earnest.

I dread to think what would happen if the twelfth was banned. It would drag our country back into a torn, segregated, angry country. Personally i despise what the twelth has become, but if ot was banned, these nutjobs would have no release except for violence. As i see it, its the lesser of two evils, at least it stops us from returning to our hellish past.

If the above shit was my "Culture" I'd find another -less hillbilly inbred retarded one- sharpish.

rk_ni - 19/7/2015 11:33

I dread to think what would happen if the twelfth was banned. It would drag our country back into a torn, segregated, angry country. Personally i despise what the twelth has become, but if ot was banned, these nutjobs would have no release except for violence. As i see it, its the lesser of two evils, at least it stops us from returning to our hellish past.

Have to say, I agree with that. Continuing Nationalist extremism has largely gone unanswered in recent years and I suspect that's because the fringe nutjobs on the otherside can still respond the way they do on the 12th..

Like you, I really do think it's a lessor of two evils, the one sadness yet again in all this is that the mainstream orange order seem completely unable or too terrified to bring them under control.

Just another couple of examples of how one set of Nationalist morons help breed their opposite numbers, all the time that the Nationalists give these people succour and support, then no one should be surprised at what the loyalist extremists do:

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/jul/19/police-bomb-trap-northern-ireland-armagh

Police lured to dissident republican double-bomb trap in Armagh

PSNI says officers called to reports of a bomb in Lurgan, Co Armagh, met by the detonation of a concealed second device ‘absolutely designed to kill’

Police officers in Lurgan also came under attack from people throwing petrol bombs and bricks. Photograph: Alan Lewis/PhotopressBelfast.co.uk

Henry McDonald Ireland correspondent

Sunday 19 July 2015 14.07 BST
Last modified on Monday 20 July 2015 00.50 BST

Dissident republicans tried to kill police officers in a double-bomb trap in Northern Ireland, it was confirmed on Sunday.

The Police Service of Northern Ireland said that a search team looking for an explosive device had a narrow escape after a second bomb exploded in Lurgan, County Armagh, around teatime on Saturday.

During the police search operation, officers also came under attack from youths throwing petrol bombs and bricks.

Suspicion has fallen on Continuity IRA, the most hardline of the dissident republican factions opposed to peace and power-sharing in Northern Ireland. CIRA has a small but active base in the North Armagh-Lurgan area.

PSNI Supt David Moore said the bomb that exploded was “significant and absolutely designed to kill”.

The security alert started on Saturday morning after a caller rang the Samaritans to claim a bomb had been left close to Victoria Street in Lurgan.

Supt Moore said this call was the start of an elaborate trap to kill his officers.

He added: “It is my belief that the phone call and the first device were designed to lure police into the area to be targeted by the second device.

“This was a clear and unequivocal murder attempt on the policemen and women who serve the community in Lurgan.”

As PSNI officers were evacuating homes in Victoria Street having found the first bomb, a second explosive device was detonated, he said.

Supt Moore added: “It is also disappointing that during this operation police officers were subjected to repeated attack with petrol bombs and bricks by a small and unrepresentative section of the community.”

As a result of the security operation, the railway line between Belfast to Dublin was disrupted, with passengers having to be ferried between Lisburn and Newry before catching another train to the Irish capital.

Northern Ireland’s education minister and the Sinn Féin assembly representative for the area, John O’Dowd, condemned those responsible for this terror attack in his constituency.

“Those behind this alert are not representative of the people of Lurgan and should stop these pointless actions immediately,” he said.

The region’s justice minister, David Ford, said whoever was behind the attack “had a clear intention to kill police officers”.

“They showed absolutely no regard for local residents, who could have been killed or injured,” he said.

The SDLP, Alliance, the Ulster Unionists and Democratic Unionist party also condemned those who placed the two bombs in the Co Armagh town.

Continuity IRA has been active in North Armagh for almost two decades now and was responsible for killing the first ever PSNI officer to die at the hands of paramilitaries. In March 2009, a Continuity IRA gunman shot dead 48-year-old constable Stephen Carroll in nearby Craigavon.

The hardline republican faction has mounted several attacks on the security forces as well as frequently disrupting the Belfast to Dublin rail route with hoax bomb alerts. It is the least likely of the three main dissident republican groups to consider a ceasefire and is politically aligned to republican Sinn Féin.

and yet again, more dumb, stupid actions designed to inflame and support the recruitment to those who hold onto the past:

Three men convicted for attempted murder of leading Ulster loyalists

Antoin Duffy, Martin Hughes and Paul Sands were all found guilty in Glasgow high court of attempting to kill Johnny Adair and Sam McCrory
Former UDA leader, Johnny Adair. Three men were convicted of planning to murder Adair and Sam McCrory.
Former UDA leader, Johnny Adair. Three men were convicted of planning to murder Adair and Sam McCrory. Photograph: Paul Faith/PA

Henry McDonald, Ireland correspondent

Monday 20 July 2015 16.59 BST
Last modified on Monday 20 July 2015 17.00 BST

Three men in Scotland were convicted on Monday for attempting to murder leading Ulster loyalists Johnny Adair and Sam ”Skelly” McCrory.

Antoin Duffy, 39, his cousin Martin Hughes, 36, and Paul Sands, 32, all denied plotting to kill “Mad Dog” Adair and McCrory in Scotland but they were convicted after a nine-week trial at the high court in Glasgow.

The murder plot involved on one side three men who appeared to be amateurish in their terrorist activities, and on the other the full weight of the state’s security services – MI5, Special Branch and Police Scotland directed huge resources to thwart the plot.

The security forces bugged the trio’s car and recorded 126 hours of conversation between the men. Duffy, Hughes and Sands staked out McCrory’s flat in Ayr 18 times, all the time being monitored by undercover MI5 officers.

Duffy was even recorded, while under full covert surveillance in a Glasgow pub, asking Glasgow Celtic player Anthony Stokes to persuade his father to pass on a message to Dublin-based Irish republicans they believed could supply an AK47. Regulars reacted furiously and Duffy was thrown out of the pub.

Anton Duffy, 39, was found guilty alongside Martin Hughes, 36, and Paul Sands, 32, of plotting to kill Johnny Adair and Sam McCrory.

Adair and McCrory – the targets of the murder plot – were key figures in the Ulster Defence Association’s C Company on Belfast’s Shankill Road during the 1980s and 90s. McCrory was also commanding officer of UDA prisoners inside the Maze prison in the run-up to the 1998 Good Friday agreement.

He met Mo Mowlam, then Northern Ireland secretary, inside the jail and agreed with her that UDA inmates would support a cessation of renewed violence on the outside and later back the Good Friday peace accord.

The pair have been in Scotland for more than a decade after they were exiled from Northern Ireland by their former UDA comrades. The duo had fought two bitter feuds with loyalist rivals in the 2000s, first with the Ulster Volunteer Force and then with other factions of the UDA. McCrory, who received news of the verdict via a text message, said he and Adair both still supported peace and power sharing in Northern Ireland.

“It is great for our loved ones and families like every other person in Northern Ireland that there is peace. It is just a shame that dissident republicans would try to stir things up over here in Scotland. But this plot won’t stop Johnny or myself from supporting peace back at home,” he told the Guardian.

For Johnny and me, who took the war to the IRA in the 1980s and 90s, that war is over
Sam McCrory

The former UDA gunman revealed that one of those found guilty, Paul Sands, had been to his flat in Ayr pretending to befriend him.

“Sand was actually here in this flat and got in because he knew a mutual friend. He pretended he was friendly and asked about my life style as a gay man, and what I’d left behind when I left Northern Ireland.

“I don’t think these clowns were capable of kicking down my front door like the IRA would have been back in Belfast. Rather, I suspect Sands would have invited me out for a drink or something and then they would have had a go at trying to kill me.

“These clowns convicted today broke every rule in the IRA’s security book. They openly discussed getting a gun in a pub to kill us. They were watched morning, noon and night by the cops and MI5.”

The surveillance operation to prevent the murder plot began in 12 December 2012 and was later handed over to Police Scotland.

The court in Glasgow heard that Duffy believed Adair and McCrory were responsible for ordering the murders of dozens of innocent Catholics during the Troubles.

Evidence was presented that he wanted to shoot McCrory using a pistol or revolver and then quickly target Adair using an AK47, which he dubbed “the big fella”.

In a bugged conversation, Duffy was heard boasting to his girlfriend Stacey McAllister: “I’m trying to get a war started and get as many guns and explosives as I can.”

A recording was also played from a conversation in Hughes’ Mercedes Jeep, which travelled from Glasgow to McCrory’s home on 1 October 2013. On the tape, Sands said: “There are so many places you could hit this guy. It’s unbelievable.

“I mean, I could go and and chap his door right now and we could probably put him in the boot if three of us could manage it, know what I mean.”

Duffy then said: “A sawn-off and a revolver as the back-up.”

As the Jeep approached the street in which McCrory lived, Sands was heard to say: “This is the road he walks every single day. You can’t go wrong. It is a straight road.”

There were then discussions about cameras at a nearby school and shops and the best vantage points to get their target.

Duffy went on: “I just need a quick look. I almost hit him a couple of years ago.”

Duffy’s cellmate in Castle Huntly open prison near Dundee, Edward McVeigh, 27, revealed that Duffy was a Republican sympathiser who claimed he was a member of the Real IRA.

The defence had attempted to paint the trio as a group of fantasists who were simply boasting about killing the UDA veterans, with Paul Sands’ barrister, Donald Findlay QC, even describing him during the trial as a “total idiot”.

The jury however refused to believe the theory that the entire plot was a work of fantasy and on Monday convicted them of conspiracy to murder.

Asked if he would beef up his personal security following confirmation of the murder plot, McCrory added: “I have been to prison – the IRA, the Provos tried to kill me. I saw someone shot in front of me back in Belfast. I saw bombs going off killing people in my home city.

“I do not fear people like this. I will continue to drink in pubs in Glasgow, go to Rangers’ matches, march in Gay Pride parades. I am happy that this crowd were convicted but I will get on with my life.

“For Johnny and me, who took the war to the IRA in the 1980s and 90s, that war is over. Our war is over. To be honest, even this trial didn’t interest me. I spent three and half hours in court giving evidence and that was that. I never read a newspaper report, listened to a radio report or watched TV about the case. It didn’t interest me but I’m glad these clowns are going to jail.”

Nothing to do with why the July 12th violence and disruption takes place.

This has nothing to do with the bigotry shown against Irish people, by the Orange order.

Galvin's Shinpads - 20/7/2015 17:37

This has nothing to do with the bigotry shown against Irish people, by the Orange order.

It is exactly why it happens though. Morons on both sides rile the other side up and then on days like the 12th, it ends in the Irish/Nationalist population being generalised by these idiots. There is no smoke without fire and both sides are adding plenty of fuel to it. Ordinary people distance themselves from actions on both sides as they don't want to return to the recent dark past, but there is a minority who use it as an excuse to cause more violence and hatred towards bith sides.

You should try being a protestant in Belfast on St Paddys Day, subjected to a lot of republicanism and hatred there as well, which is once again, like the twelth, another day that the original culture behind it has been forgotten.

These days act as a release for a lot of people though, so like i have said before i would rather have these "designated" controlled days rather than going back to tit for tat killings. As ive said its the lesser of two evils.

Galvin's Shinpads - 20/7/2015 17:37

It is exactly why it happens though. Morons on both sides rile the other side up and then on days like the 12th, it ends in the Irish/Nationalist population being generalised by these idiots. There is no smoke without fire and both sides are adding plenty of fuel to it. Ordinary people distance themselves from actions on both sides as they don't want to return to the recent dark past, but there is a minority who use it as an excuse to cause more violence and hatred towards bith sides.

You should try being a protestant in Belfast on St Paddys Day, subjected to a lot of republicanism and hatred there as well, which is once again, like the twelth, another day that the original culture behind it has been forgotten.

These days act as a release for a lot of people though, so like i have said before i would rather have these "designated" controlled days rather than going back to tit for tat killings. As ive said its the lesser of two evils.